Stop Making Bucket Lists And Start Actually Doing Stuff

You won't live forever.

5
leadlocal-tucson.com

Most people I know say they have a bucket list of things they want to accomplish in their lifetime, just as I have. However, one thing I've really noticed is that as much as people say they want to do what's on their bucket list, they never actually go out and do it. Maybe they plan something, but they chicken out last second, or their plans fall through or they get caught up into something else to the point that they forget what they planned. I really believe that people should stop making bucket lists of things they want to do and when the time comes that they want to put something new on their bucket list, they should just go out and do it, right then.

There have been plenty of things I've done in my lifetime so far that I used to say I would never do, some things being more extreme than others. One of the biggest things I've done in my life was go skydiving, and I honestly think I managed to do so because once I wanted to go, I went out and did it right away. Basically, this is what happened: My family and another that we're very close with were on vacation in Florida, and my parents wanted me to pick out something fun to do. At the time, I really wanted to go bungee jumping. I found a place online that offered it and when I got a hold of them they told me that they don't do bungee jumping anymore, but they do skydiving. Immediately I said no and went on to continue the time with my family and friends. The next day I started thinking about skydiving, called the place up and scheduled my appointment. Although it did have to get pushed back twice due to weather issues, I went skydiving at my next immediate opportunity.

This time I feel as though most people end up continuously pushing back really exciting plans, that end up just going on their bucket list and never coming off. Even though it seems fine to do that now, I can't imagine looking back at my life years from now, regretting the things I didn't do because I kept pushing them back. If you've ever listened to advice from the elderly (which I think everyone should) one of the biggest regrets they say is that they didn't take an opportunity when it was handed to them. It's time to stop pushing things off to a point that they're on your bucket list and never get done. Chances are, most of us are going to be those elderly people one day who gives advice out to the younger kids, and when I am one of those elderly people, I don't want to be talking about how I wish I did something I kept putting off. If you have a chance to do it, do it and do it with no regrets.