Stop Giving Life To Situations That Have Already Signed A DNR

Refusing to give life to dead situations can yield miraculous results.

61
Personal Photo

Seeing the good in an individual is a wonderful thing until it begins to yield negative results. Often, people associate the length of time they've encountered someone or something with the amount of ignorance they're supposed to tolerate. For example, "Well, he's been through so much" or "At the end of the day, that's still my momma." As the man, myth, and legend, Maury Povich says, "That was a lie."

Wanting to help an individual become better requires work from both parties. If that person wants to remain in whatever darkness or funk they are in, allow them to do just that. Trials occur every day, yet we must find ways to work through them. You can put your everything into something or someone and still come out empty-handed. And at the end of the day, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. More often, you were placed in that situation for a moment and a season, yet your inability to let go and face reality caused you to remain in a place that you were only meant to be for a short while. We are all guilty of giving an effort where we should have simply walked away. It's human nature. Yet, the best lesson is often our last mistake.

Understand, the length of time you have known someone or something does not correlate with the amount of bullshit you are supposed to take. Of course, you want the best for someone or something that you care about, but that does not mean you neglect every ounce of self-respect you have for yourself and allow yourself to be belittled, used, or mistreated based on the issues that someone else has. Everyone's demons are not yours to bear. We become so consumed with the thought of what it could be and don't realize what it is.

After numerous attempts to revive something, we must allow it to flatline if it desires to do so. Allowing this to be free can often reveal true intentions. Thus, sit back, vibe, and let everything play out without interference from an outside source.