What Happens When You Don't Care What Others Think

Unfortunately, the world is full of negative people and negative opinions. I used to live in fear of what people would think of my outfit, social media posts, relationships, and personality but realized that was no way to live. Focusing on what others thought of me and wanted me to be was driving me up a wall.

I'm at an age when drama and rumors are laughable. People only know what you let them know, and that will always lead to gossip and assumptions. There's always going to be mean girls (and boys) and that's just how life is. We should learn to not take it personally when someone is mean or judgmental of our lives and decisions. I've decided if I feel good about myself, and where my life is headed, that's all that matters. Deciding others opinions weren't going to control my life, anymore, and that I was going to live for me, has made me a much happier person. There are several other reasons to stop caring what others think.

1. People will judge you no matter what you do.

They will always have something to say.

2. It's impossible to please everyone.

Trying to do so will drive a person crazy!

3. You'll be instantly happier when you are doing what you want to do.

4. Take it as a compliment if people are sitting around wasting their lives talking about you.

5. Most mean people are only talking down on others to make themselves feel better.

They are probably dealing with something in their personal lives that is causing them to take it out on others.

6. Caring too much about others opinions will only hold you back.

You'll start to chase your dreams and work towards your goals if you stop.

7. You can be your true self and proud of your hobbies and interests, which will lead to a better chance to find people with stuff in common.

8. Sometimes, people don't care as much as you think so don't be afraid to put yourself out there.

9. When you look back in a few years you'll have less regrets about what you didn't do.

A year from now it's not going to matter what a mean girl said about your new hair color or who you went on a date with.

10. Caring too much of other opinions can keep you from being social which will deprive you of making memories.

11. Your opinion on yourself is always the most important.

12. Removing negative people from your life makes room for the positive.

13. You will start to have more fun.

14. You'll spend less time getting ready in the mornings putting makeup on everyday just for class or changing a million times.

15. Most of the mean things people say are out of jealousy.

Like T-Swift said, "Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine."