Yes, I’ve Messed Up A Lot But No, I’m Not Going To Keep Apologizing For My Mistakes

I do not have it together all the time!!!

159
Lindsey Ocock

Someone out there needs to hear this. We've all made mistakes and there is no reason to be constantly apologizing. If you truly hurt someone then obviously you should apologize, but if you didn't hurt anyone why should you say sorry?

All I ever do is apologize or feel bad for mistakes I made.

We've all made choices that maybe weren't the best for us.

We've all worn crocs or ugly sandals.

We've all kissed the wrong boy or invested time in friendships that were one-sided.

We've all drank too much.

And these are all things that are normal and parts of growing up. I'm still growing up and I'm not going to be 40 or 50 years old and still making these mistakes. I'm only 20 and there's no way I'm going to wake up tomorrow and have it completely together.

You are the gatekeeper of everything that enters your mind. If you wanna be strong stop manufacturing things in your mind that make you feel weak.

It's toxic for me to constantly feel bad about choices I made in moments of bad judgment.

I'm a little immature or dramatic or a mess at times, but we're all working out it — each morning I want to wake up and try to be better than I was yesterday.

I care about people and I want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

So, why the hell should I spend today worrying, stressing and saying sorry for all my mistakes?