The Stone Of Gnash - Prologue

The Stone Of Gnash - Prologue

Quake Wonderlust. Your typical teenager. Save for one thing... they use magic. Whether for good or the evil, those who possess magic are here to stay.

13
The Stone Of Gnash - Prologue
Taken from DesignTrends and edited in BeFunky

Witchwood Academy was placed in a town called Witchwood made especially for people like me. Witches, Wizards, Sorcerers, whatever you want to call us. This is where we live. As babies, the doctors do a test on us when they are “Checking our vitals” to see if we are born with magic. If the child is a wizard, they take the child and tell the parents that there were complications and the child died. As cruel as it may seem, regular humans would not know how to take care of us. Most doctors in this world are wizards, or as we prefer “Magic born,” and those who are not have learned of magic and our ways. A very small percentage of children born are Magic Born, so the population of Witchwood stayed small, and even the poorest had enough money to get whatever they needed.

Witchwood academy was entirely paid for by the Witchwood government. The town was more like a city with many shops and buildings to fill our dreams and desires. Now I know what you are thinking, “But Quake, what about the wands? Where do you get those?” The answer to that is, we don’t. The stereotypical witch and wizards use wands, but that is not the case in the least. Our magic flows within us, and with practice, we can transmit that magic through our hands, and other parts of our bodies based on what kind of magic we use. The headmaster of Witchwood Academy was also the governor of our town. Magic born tend to live much longer lives if they take on jobs like being a doctor, or being a shopkeeper. But if they join the Fortems. they often die young from saving the people of earth.

A long long time ago, an evil Magic Born named Gnash Trevil created the Malum Animalium, or better known as M.A. for short. The M.A were created to destroy humanity. In Gnash’s eyes, any human but the Magic Born were useless. Back in that time humans were ignorant. They slaughtered us, burning us at the stake, drowning us, and more just for being a Magic Born. They drove us to Witchwood, to put up a barrier to protect ourselves from them. Over time, the humans shrugged it off, and stopped believing in ‘witchcraft’. But Gnash was born far before that. Even before King Arthur and Merlin-yes, they were real, now on with the story-. Gnash created the M.A. to kill humanity, and transferred his soul into a stone. That stone creates more and more of the M.A.The M.A. look gargoyle like, with the eyes of the demon. The Fortems protect all of humanity from these creatures. And hopefully, one day, we will be able to destroy the stone.