11 Places That Make Stillwater Home

11 Places That Make Stillwater Home

Stillwater, Sweet, Stillwater

21
11 Places That Make Stillwater Home
Morgan Weldon

Moving to a new city and attending a new university can be a big challenge. It can be hard to find your new "sense of home". I personally struggled to find my sense of home after moving and having to continue my college journey elsewhere. One way that helped me find a new home was embracing my passions, specifically photography.

Photography has become my new tool to help me feel more comfortable with big changes, such as moving somewhere new. I began to take photographs of the places that mean the most to me and that I spent the most time in, and I found myself feeling more at home.

Here is a list of 11 photographs, taken by me, of places that helped me make Stillwater home and why they're so significant.

Edmon Low Library

Edmon Low Library

Morgan Weldon

Edmon Low Library is… where I met new friends; where I had countless study sessions with friends and classmates; where I stayed up until 4 a.m. with my friends.

My apartment

Apartment

Morgan Weldon

My apartment is… where I have spent every night since I moved to Stillwater; where I have made new friends; where I have grieved the loss of three meaningful people; where I have gone through a breakup; where I have grown stronger and independent; where I have obtained my degree; where I have made the best and worst memories.

North Murray

North Murray

Morgan Weldon

North Murray is… where I attended transfer day tours; where I visit my major advisor countless times throughout a semester to ensure I graduate on time and to make sure I am able to succeed; where I have visited professors during office hours; where I worked as a research assistant in a psychology lab in the basement; where I participated in research studies; where I have received good news and bad news; where I have gone every day of the week since beginning my degree at Oklahoma State University.

The Colvin

Colvin Center

Morgan Weldon

The Colvin is… where I met two of my best friends; where I watch the sunset; where I spent every Tuesday at 5 for dance class; where I hung out with friends at F45; where I learned how to dance like my father learned during his experience at Oklahoma State University.

Old Central

Old Central

Morgan Weldon

Old Central is… where I attended transfer day tours; where I visit my honors advisor multiple times a semester; where I attend classes and seminars; where I will ring the bell upon graduating with an honors degree.

Boone Pickens Stadium

Boone Pickens Stadium

Morgan Weldon

Boone Pickens Stadium is… where I went on my first visit to campus in high school; where I spent one of my first nights as a student; where I attended my first homecoming game in 2017 as a freshman and as a student; where I attended my first tailgate with my friends as a Junior; where I attended my first Bedlam game.

Murray

Murray

Morgan Weldon

Murray is… where I would visit my sister in her office; where I would visit professors during office hours; where I would visit my minor advisor throughout a semester to ensure I graduate on time; where I would hang out with my sister and friends between classes or work.

Theta Pond

Theta Pond

Morgan Weldon

Theta Pond is… where I spent an evening with my friend during my first semester at Oklahoma State University; where I fed ducks with my sister when I visited her in college; where I walk by during my night walks.

The Union

Student Union

Morgan Weldon

The Union is… where I visited during transfer day tours; where I visited first after being accepted into Oklahoma State; where I would meet my sister to catch up; where I ate pancakes at midnight during finals week.

The Strip

The Strip

Morgan Weldon

The Strip is… where I spent my birthday weekend once I turned 21; where I meet and hang out with my friends; where I taught my friend how to dance; where I made new friends; where I danced until my feet hurt.

Boomer Lake

Boomer Lake

Morgan Weldon

Boomer Lake is… where I would go on walks during quarantine; where I watched the sunset multiple times; where I have spent good days thinking of my future plans; where I have spent bad days thinking of solutions to problems; where I gained more confidence; where I have grown to be a stronger individual.