I'm Still Not OK With Robin Williams' Passing

it's been almost three years.

26
Wiki

It’s almost been three years since the beloved Robin Williams passed away and I’m still not okay. Don’t get me wrong, I never knew him personally but the feelings he bestowed upon audiences is what really grabs a person emotionally. It’s like when you pick up a good book and you get attached to this perfectly described character. See, he had this light about him that just makes people smile, feel warm, and even laugh. When the news of his passing spread I can’t be the only one to say that we all felt kind of heart broken. I felt as my memories were being taken from me, like I was losing a piece of my childhood. Robin Williams was more than just an actor; he was a childhood friend.

Through his passing I lost those mysterious Arabian nights, a caring father figure, my very first Peter Pan, and a man with a brilliant mind. He was there through Mrs. Doubtfire and Genie when I needed a laugh. He gave me my first real sense of Peter Pan in Hook. He even fascinated me in Awakenings where he stared as a doctor taking care of patient with an extreme form of parkinsonism. Robin Williams could falsely execute any persona he was asked to relay.

The sad truth of it all is we have to learn to move on one day; today is not that day. Well, not for me. I will continue to rewatch his movies till my dying day and I will share his movies with others. I think Robin Williams would at least like to be remembered as a man who inspired happiness and creativity in so many. He was our childhood hero that kept children happy through the most difficult times, even when he was hurting on the inside too.

Thank you, Robin Williams for everything you did. You are still dearly missed.