10 Times You Still Need Your Mom As A College Student
popular

Let's face it, we will always need our moms.

608
Tessa Boucher

Most people are afraid to admit that past the age of 18, you definitely still need your mom. As I enter my fourth year of college, I know that I couldn't survive without talking to her at least 20 times a day.

Come to think of it, there was never a point in time where I thought I didn't need my mom. But now that I'm in college and adult life is hitting harder and harder, here are some moments where I know we all needed our moms in college:

1. When you get sick and need to go to the doctor

She will also make you copious amounts of chicken soup and take the day out of work to make sure you're fever goes down.

2. When a professor is giving you a hard time

"Mom, can you triple check this email for grammatical errors and maybe write me a note so I can be excused for the rest of my life?"

3. When you're having BFF troubles

She'll be the first one to vouch for your friendship and get you both to screw your heads on straight.

4. When you're having guy troubles

She doesn't care that you're four hours away, if Chad from Sigma Delta Kappa Donut is giving you heartache, she'll be there in a wink to knock some sense into him.

5. When you don't understand the materials for your chem class

She may not be a rocket scientist, but she's got mom logic and she's the best at explaining literally everything.

6. When you need help cooking

Family recipes are her favorite thing to pass down, so you know you'll always have an expert chef to call on when you don't know if the chicken is ready or not.

7. When you miscalculated your finances and now you can't afford to drink water

Moms never let their kids go hungry, however a long talk about finances and saving money will follow that homemade chicken parm.

8. When you don't know what the heck a cover letter is

9. ....Or a resume for that matter

10. When you get into any type of sticky situation

Whether your car broke down and you can't afford a new one, you need advice on which job to apply to or if your resume looks good, Mom will always be there. Don't forget to hug your mom extra tight and thank her for these 10 things she does without hesitation.