Even Though The Cavs Are Currently At A Low Point, I'm Still A Die-Hard Cleveland Cavaliers Fan

Don't let the fact that we're 1-6 distract you from the fact that the Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Championship finals.

11

I grew up loving basketball, whether it was rooting for my high school team or watching LeBron James out on the court on my T.V., until he broke up with us the first time back in 2010. Even then I wasn't mad at him, — I mean you have to do what's best for yourself and your career.

The thing about basketball is it's fun to watch. Everything's fast-paced as the players move elegantly across the court. Every pass is smooth. Every basket made makes a very satisfying "swoosh" sound, which makes it all worth watching.

We've been lucky here in Cleveland, blessed with all-star players and back-to-back playoff rounds, but we're kind of losing it right now. Our head coach was fired — which may be for the best — and our power forward has a broken toe and may be out for a month, leaving us basketball fans are feeling a little defeated at the moment.

Despite all the doubt I'm still pulling for us, as I sit here writing in my Cavs sweatpants. The Cavs have always been somewhat of an underdog — and I embrace that. I'll still believe in them even if we lose every single game this season. I'll be the one shouting, "We'll get 'em next year!"

We all bring up that one time we won the finals like broken records, but it will always tug at my heartstrings. Seeing the players crying and our city in celebration, it was genuine, raw and emotional. Our team represented a family and a passion only Cleveland has.

It was much more than just getting a trophy and waving it in front of a camera.

Last minute of the 2016 NBA Finals Game 7 www.youtube.com

Our team's lineup has changed there's no doubt in that, but the passion we as a city have for the game and the faith we have in our players will still prevail.