There's Just Too Much Bama In Me

There's Just Too Much Bama In Me

Alabama is not the champion, but they are still Alabama.

101
There's Just Too Much Bama In Me
Alabama Football / Facebook

I am writing this from my bed after watching my Alabama Crimson Tide lose the National Championship game in one of the most heartbreaking ways possible. I will go to sleep with tears rolling down my face and I'll be sad for a few weeks because there's just too much Bama in me. When people discuss this date and this game, I will look on with a frown because there's just too much Bama in me. I will not turn on ESPN or maybe even the TV at all until at least April because there's just too much Bama in me. I will not be cheery as I head to my first classes of the semester, and I may not even smile, because there's just too much Bama in me.

Here's what I won't do. I won't go without congratulating Clemson, an excellent team full of players who will be drafted in the first round when the time comes. I won't blame the refs because several calls were questionable for both sides and that happens in every game ever played. I won't blame our team or our coaches or any of our staff because they poured their hearts out on the field and gave us a 14-1 season that is an excellence some teams may never even see. I will not discuss what we could've or should've done better because I know that our staff will do that and I am not a coach. I will not dignify the insignificant comments of those who loved watching us fall by responding to them. I will lose with class just like Bear Bryant taught me because there is just too much Bama in me.

I will keep loving our players, coaches and staff. I hope they know that they should hold their heads high after such a tremendous effort. I will not be depressed forever and there will be other seasons. Alabama is not the National Champion, but they are still Alabama. Not even a loss can stop that and it won't. God doesn't make mistakes, even in football games, and we will be back.

Thank you to the Alabama Crimson Tide football team and staff of 2016 for an unbelievable ride. I will always appreciate you and never forget you.

There's just too much Bama in me.

"It's awfully important to win with humility, it's also important to lose. I hate to lose worse than anyone, but if you never lose you won't know how to act. If you lose with humility, then you can come back." - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant