6 High School Stereotypes Everyone Knows

6 High School Sterotypes Everyone Knows All TOO Well

Which group did you belong to?

62
Unviersal

There are always the same sterotypes in schools, and if you're like me, you go through them all.

1. The Rednecks

This is the loud and proud group. Snuff is breakfast and beer is downed like water. They wear steel-toed boots and Confederate flag hats to school, then get mad when they are asked to take them off. If your school is anything like mine was, then it's normal to see snuff spit in the stairs. We also knew that if you heard the loud stomps, laughs, and yee-haws, you better get off the steps right then and there—unless you wanted to come in contact with them.

Of course, I had my redneck phase. Not so much the snuff and beer, but I did try the wearing the boots and TRIED my best to get into country music—that failed. I even tried to hang out with them while I liked a boy in that group, but I could only take so much bad grammar before I just wanted to pull my hair out.

2. The Jocks

This is the group of kids that honestly thought they ruled the school and, with the help of the teachers, they did. They had their own set of rules and all the teachers loved them–which just made everyone else annoyed. The female jocks had their own dress code (I swear, I saw their butts more than I have ever wanted to see in my life). And the male jocks thought that everyone under the sun wanted them. I had a guy tell me I had a nice butt and when I tried to blow him off, he said I should be honored that he was even talking to me. Really? But enough of the student population felt that way, so they just kept doing what they were doing.

I tried getting into sports scene my freshman year. I decided I was going to run track because I ran track in middle school and I really liked it. Heck, I was even good at it. But I was a quiet girl. I wasn't friends with anyone who ran track from before school started and I didn't think a good time involved partying with the seniors at my school. Guess what happened? I had no friends and my coach didn't acknowledge that I was even a runner—at the end of the season, he made the comment that I "finally got fast," even though I was faster than other girls he had. But that's none of my business anymore.

3. The Nerds/Geeks (I say this in the most loving way possible)

This was my favorite group because the people I still talk to were in this group. They were the kids who would have debates at lunch over superheroes and "Star Wars". They all read books/comics for fun and, honestly, had open arms to pretty much everyone. They were the kids that mostly brought their own bagged lunch (which, now, I wish I would have done). They were the group of kids that actually did their homework and then some—the ones who talked to teachers like friends.

I was part of this group. I tried to fight it at first, but by the end of it all, this group turned out to be the best. I didn't know a lot about superheroes or "Star Wars", but we all listened to the same music and liked reading. It sparked the greatest of friendships—the kind that has continued today.

4. The Druggies

These are the kids that surprised you when they graduated at all (and some of them didn't). The crazy thing is that they would do drugs IN THE SCHOOL. They have no idea how to hide it or they just don't want to hide it. Heck, my high school had a bathroom that the druggies would go to smoke in. I'm pretty sure everyone knew about it, but they never did anything about it.

I was in this group, not as a druggie, but as a friend. Some of my closest friends for about a year were in this group, actually. But you end up growing out of the public opinion that you were a druggie because of who you hung out with. It is quite annoying having teachers question who you're hanging out with and why you're hanging out with them.

5. The Preps

These are a completely different type of people. They think their crap don't stink and that everyone else is below them. They are also the kind of people you were scared to be friends with because, well, they talked behind everyone's back. They were a hard group to get into, but there was something that just dragged you towards them. They all had a way of complimenting you, but it wasn't really a compliment–it was a double-sided statement that made you question your life choices.

I was with this group as much as possible in high school. Not that I would consider myself a prep by any means, but some of the people in that group dragged me in and, even though I knew I wasn't liked by most of them, I just couldn't pull myself away from them. Those friends, however, are the kind that send the "we should hang!" texts, then never text you back when you try to make plans.

6. The Floaters

Ahh, the floaters–the group of kids who didn't really have a group they belonged to. This was me; I group-hopped quite often, hoping I would finally feel like I belonged. We go from group to group and lunch table to lunch table, because you never know where you are actually wanted. Personally, I think floaters should start their own group and just befriend one another. Then everyone would be happy.