Stephen Curry Breaks His Own Record For Most 3's Made

Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry broke his personal record of seven consecutive games with five or more three-pointers made and has just extended it to nine games in Golden State's 116-102 victory over the Denver Nuggets on April 2. The NBA record for such games is 12, set by Houston Rockets shooting guard James Harden. The Warriors have five games remaining in the regular season, so Curry has a chance to break Harden's record before the postseason unless the team decides to rest him.

Curry is considered by countless analysts and players to be the greatest shooter in the history of the NBA and is only solidifying that perception further with his recent play this season. He has racked up 340 three-pointers through 65 games, quietly the third-most in a single season in NBA history. The Warriors are currently leading the Western Conference with a 53-24 record.

Curry is known for revolutionizing the NBA with his shooting abilities, leading to teams utilizing the three-pointer more frequently with each NBA season that passes. His influence is seen in several teams around the league, as they are collectively attempting 11.3 three-pointers per game, an average increase of 4.9 over the past seven years. This is most evident with the Houston Rockets, a team that lives and dies by the three-point shot under head coach Mike D'Antoni. It is not a coincidence that James Harden has made 360 three-pointers with four more games to play this season, the second-highest in NBA history behind Curry's 402 in the 2015-16 season.

Curry is also known for sparking a resurgence in the Warriors franchise with his entourage of perennial All-Star teammates. The team has made four consecutive trips to the NBA Finals and Curry and his teammates look to make it five this season. They have won three championships in that time span, including the last two straight. The Warriors aim to be the first team since the 1999-2002 Lakers to three-peat with Curry at the peak of his prime at 31 years old.