10 Steps To Make It Through Finals Week

10 Steps To Make It Through Finals Week

It isn't easy my friends but you got it

15

Finals week is a very known stressful time for students because every class either has a final project or final exam, or both if you are REALLY lucky. There are some steps every student takes to make it through the week and I have summarized the week in 10 steps.

Step 1: Make a planner

Gfycat

To keep your final project due dates and final times, it is best to have a planner or calendar. This helps you not forgot when things are due and when your exams are. It also helps you not overwhelm yourself. What I like to do is schedule which days I am going to work on which project. That way nothing is done too last minute and I'm not over exhausting myself by cramming so much into one night. I can't promise it won't fix everything but a lot of students find that it is helpful.

Step 2: Finish up all your final projects

Tenor

Getting those projects done is stressful because you want them to be turned in on time but you also want to take your time with them. No matter what major you are, it is a stressful time. Try and keep your cool. Do a little bit of each project on certain days and make sure you know which ones are due before the other.

Step 3: Drink Lots of Coffee

Tenor

Your coffee intake does not count during finals week (this isn't actually a fact, I am not a doctor do not take my word for this). When you have to stay awake enough to study and get your creative juices flowing, sometimes coffee is the most delicious bet. Naps can be helpful but sometimes there isn't much time for a nap; remember winter break is almost near.

Step 4: Get as much extra credit as you can

Tenor

Get as much extra credit as you can just in case you don't do your best on the exams. If you are anything like me, test taking isn't in my area of expertise which is why I make sure I take any extra credit opportunity that comes about. Extra credit is a college student's best friend because unlike projects and tests, it can only help.

Step 5: Start making flashcards to study

Tenor

Whether you are a paper flashcard person or a Quizlet person, flashcards do help especially for those of you who are visual learners. Even making the flashcards helps a bit because you are rewriting your vocabularies and that sometimes helps it engrave in your brain. Or maybe it is some kind of placebo effect but never the less it works.

Step 6: Let out all of your crying

Tenor

Finals week is stressful and sometimes you just need to let that out so you can move on. So, it is okay to cry it out, just let it out and that way you can get back to work.

Step 7: Study at least every night

Study a little bit every day and a bit before your exam to refresh your memory. You don't want to cram your brain by trying to learn a class worth of material in one night. Especially if your final exams are cumulative, you cannot memorize a whole semester in one night and if you can HOW DO YOU DO THAT AND CAN YOU SHARE.

Step 8: Take your finals

Gfycat

Relax, go over your flashcards before you get handed the test. Go in thinking you are going to pass it because if you walk in telling yourself you are a failure, odds are you are going to fail. I want you to go in yelling "I AM A PRO AT *insert class here*" trust me it will help.

Step 9: Pack for Winter Break

Tenor

You are done with finals and now it is time for another SUPER fun thing and that is packing a months worth of clothes. At this time, it is hard to not overpack because what if you decide that you wanted to wear that T-shirt during Winter Break? Try and think of things you would wear multiple times or think of your favorite outfits. As long as you can sit on your suitcase and it zips, then you are probably good.

Step 10: Get the heck out of there

Tenor

RUN! Get out of there, get in your car and escape from this thing we call college! But seriously, you made it and now it is time for a break. Some of you may be going on break to work but it still is at least a break from school so enjoy it! Get yourself mentally prepared for the next rundown with the old college.

We went through a couple things that are relatable to college students and some tips for how to make through finals week. I wish all of you college students good luck, study hard and have a great winter break.