Staying Sane In College

Staying Sane In College

How to not completely lose your mind.

21
Staying Sane In College

As the school year begins, the stress begins to build. It will build and build until it is towering over you, then will eventually fall over on top of you.

For me, this was day three, a Wednesday.

Yeah. I know.

So, here are the ways that I have discovered and used to try and stay as sane as possible during the school year.

**Disclaimer: These methods may not work for everyone. When they don't work, I am generally moody and not talkative. Basically my default setting at school. Enjoy**

1. Breathe

If you are feeling the stress during the day and you feel like all of your work is so overwhelming to the point of panic, the first step is to stop and breathe. Take the time to help your body relax physically and that will help you to relax mentally and emotionally. Once you have done this, you are ready to move on to the next step.

2. Make a Task List

I don't know about you, but when I am organized, I tend to feel better about my life. Even if your list is a page long, it's good to have all your tasks laid out in front of you so you know exactly what needs to get done and when it needs to be done by. I usually write out a list on a sticky note in my planner as well as have a spread sheet with assignments right on my desktop; it helps me to stay on top of my work.

3. Take a Break

This may seem a little counter-intuitive, but hear me out. Sometimes when you have worked your brain so hard you have to let it rest a recharge! So read a book, watch Netflix or YouTube, take a walk, do something that is not your homework! Give your brain a break!

4. Stay Hydrated

What does this have to do with staying sane? Well, if you are hydrated, your body is charged, you're feeling good, and you are better able to focus on your work. Also, staying well hydrated gives you an excuse to take a break (pee breaks!).

5. Get Your Sh*t Done

Once you've done all of this (plus snacks, always snacks), get your sh*t done. You just have to sit down and do it!

Here are some gifs for encouragement!

Happy working!