An Open Letter To The Girl Who Is Afriad To Stand Up For Herself

It's not going to be easy, but its possible, and only you can do it.

80

Let me start off by saying you don’t deserve it. I know sometimes it’s hard to say no, or try and change something that has been happening for awhile. But damn girl, you’ve gotta stand up for yourself. You can’t let people walk on you.

In the world we live in today people will stretch you as far as they can before you break. Don’t let anyone break you. Know your limits and don’t let anyone past them. You have to make those choices for yourself, no one will make them for you.

If you aren’t happy in your current relationship, job, whatever the situation, the only one who can change it is you.

Allowing someone to who has hurt you multiple times back in your life, is on you. You have the power to say no and walk away. I know sometimes it may seem like the absolute worst thing in the world to tell that person the honest truth. But I promise, as bad as that may hurt give it time, your heart will heal and you will be so much happier.

If you feel like you’re running yourself too thin then make sure you communicate that with people in your life. I will never hurt to ask someone for their opinion. As scary as it may seem making changes in your life, you can do it. In fact you may need to do it, to keep your sanity.

Don’t let anyone dull your smile. Don’t let anyone diminish your sense of drive. Don’t let anyone or anything hold you back.

You can, and you will be happy.

Even though you can picture your life with a certain person, or at a certain job, doesn’t mean that that is what is going to happen. Life is never predictable, which is what keeps it interesting.

In no way, shape or form is standing up for yourself going to be easy. But you can’t live your life just waiting for action to take place, you need to do it. As they say “take the bull by the horns” and just do it.

No one goes through their life and thinks damn that was easy. That’s why you need to surround yourself with the right kind of people. Set boundaries for yourself.

So girl… stand up, use that voice, and take action.