Discipline Your Children

It's Time To Stop Letting Your Children Do Whatever They Want And Start Disciplining Them

Kids are going to grow up to be spoiled brats if you don't discipline them.

112

So, lately a scandal broke the internet about a father who made his daughter walk to school after she got kicked off the school bus for bullying another student. And the father was given criticism about it.

So what you're telling me is this man was criticized for disciplining his child?

Bullying is a real problem today. So many children are bullied every day for the clothes they wear, the things they like, or where they live. As children get older and continue to be bullied, unfortunately, some of them turn to suicide as a solution.

So this little girl normally rides the school bus, but she was kicked off because she decided to bully another child on the bus. This meant that her dad would have to take her to school, but instead of just handing her a car ride and her not learn anything, he turned it into a lesson for her. He made her walk 5 miles to school in cold weather so that she would realize that her actions are what caused this.

I see nothing wrong with his choice of punishment.

She acted out and now she has to face the consequences. The problem today is that there are very few parents like this man. Most parents just turn their child loose without ever teaching them right from wrong. So we have all these teenagers who think the world owes them something because no one taught them how to act. In the real world, everything isn't going to be handed to you. In the real world, if you choose to do wrong, you will face the consequences. And the consequences in the real world are much worse than having to walk to school.

But this whole scandal reminded me of a similar debate on discipline that's been going on for a while: spanking. There's nothing wrong with spanking a child. My parents spanked me as a child. I was never abused, just disciplined. And I turned out just fine. I know how to treat people, I know right from wrong, and I don't act like a spoiled brat.

There is a FINE line between discipline and abuse.

Children need rules and guidelines when they're growing up. They need to know that the world doesn't revolve around them. They need to know right from wrong. They need to know that all of their actions have consequences, whether they're good or bad.

So, instead of criticizing this man for being a good parent, start disciplining your children.