73 Stars And Icons We Lost In The 2010s

73 Stars And Icons We Lost In The 2010s

There were so many talented people that we lost in the past decade.

162
73 Stars And Icons We Lost In The 2010s

The 2010s were a rough decade for music fans since we lost many all-time great legends.

Juice Wrld (Jarad Higgins), 21

@juicewrld999

The singer best known for "Lucid Dreams" passed away on December 8, 2019, just six days after his birthday. (At the time of publication, the cause of death has not been released).

Godfrey Gao, 35

@godfreygao

Model and actor Gao passed away on November 27, 2019. He experienced a heart attack while filming a reality show, likely due to the production pushing the physical limits of its stars.

Toni Morrison, 88

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The author who had won a Nobel Prize, Pulitzer Prize, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom died from complications of pneumonia on Aug. 5, 2019.

Cameron Boyce, 20

CAMERON BOYCE

live.staticflickr.com

The actor died on July 6, 2019, due to complications of epilepsy.

Nipsey Hussle, 33

@nipseyhussle

The Grammy-nominated rapper died after a shooting in Los Angeles near a clothing store he owned on March 31, 2019.

Luke Perry, 52

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The actor from 'Riverdale' and "Beverly Hills 90210' died on March 4, 2019, after a stroke.

Karl Lagerfeld, 85

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Lagerfeld, who worked for both Fendi and Chanel during his career, died from pancreatic cancer on Feb. 19, 2019.

George Bush, 94, and Barbara Bush, 92

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The former U.S. president died of Parkinson's disease on Nov. 30, 2018. His wife Barbara Bush died earlier in the year on April 17, 2018.

Stephen Hillenburg, 57

img.buzzfeed.com

'SpongeBob' creator Hillenburg passed away on November 26, 2018, from ALS.

Stan Lee, 95

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The superhero of Marvel, he died of cardiac arrest on Nov. 12, 2018.

Mac Miller, 26

upload.wikimedia.org

The beloved Pittsburgh rapper died of an accidental overdose on Sept. 7, 2018.

John McCain, 81

upload.wikimedia.org

The former U.S. presidential candidate and veteran died of brain cancer on August 25, 2018.

Aretha Franklin, 76

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The 'Queen of Soul' died of a pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor on Aug. 16, 2018.

XXXTentacion (Jahseh Onfroy), 20

pixel.nymag.com

The rapper died when he was shot on June 18, 2018.

Anthony Bourdain, 61

s26552.pcdn.co

The well-traveled and admired chef and writer died by suicide on June 8, 2018.

Kate Spade, 55

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The trendy designer died by suicide on June 5, 2018.

Avicci (Tim Bergling), 28

live.staticflickr.com

The musician died by suicide on April 20, 2018.

Stephen Hawking, 76

upload.wikimedia.org

The groundbreaking scientist died from ALS on March 14, 2018.

Mark Salling, 35

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The 'Glee' actor died by suicide on Jan. 30, 2018.

Dolores O'Riordan, 46

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Singer from the Irish band The Cranberries, she drowned due to alcohol intoxication on Jan. 15, 2018.

Tom Petty, 66

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The musician died of an accidental overdose on Oct. 2, 2017.

Hugh Hefner, 91

upload.wikimedia.org

The icon of the 'Playboy' franchise, he died of cardiac arrest on Sept. 27, 2017.

Robert Hardy, 91

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Known for his role as Cornelius Fudge in the Harry Potter series, the actor passed away due to natural causes on Aug. 3, 2017.

Chester Bennington, 41

upload.wikimedia.org

The Linkin Park frontman tragically passed from suicide on July 20, 2017.

Chris Cornell, 52

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Leader of the '90s band Soundgarden, he died by suicide on May 18, 2017.

Bill Paxton, 61

upload.wikimedia.org

The 'Titanic' actor died of a stroke following heart surgery on Feb. 25, 2017.

John Hurt, 77

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The acclaimed and knighted actor died from cancer on Jan. 25, 2017.

Debbie Reynolds, 84

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The actress and singer followed the death of her daughter, Carrie Fisher. She died of an intracerebral hemorrhage on December 28, 2016, just one day after her daughter's death.

Carrie Fisher, 60

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Most famous for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the Stars Wars films, she died of a heart attack on Dec. 27, 2016.

George Michael, 53

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The '80s star who campaigned for LGBTQ rights and fundraised for HIV/AIDS charities died of heart and liver issues on December 25, 2016.

Leonard Cohen, 82

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Probably most famous for writing "Hallelujah," he died of leukemia on Nov. 7, 2016.

Gene Wilder, 83

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

This unforgettable actor died from complications of Alzheimer's disease on August 29, 2016.

Anton Yelchin, 27

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Known for his roles in the Star Trek films, he died in a freak accident on June 19, 2016, when he was pinned between his Jeep and a brick pillar.

Christina Grimmie, 22

upload.wikimedia.org

The singer died when she was shot and killed by an obsessed fan during a performance on June 10, 2016.

Muhammad Ali, 74

upload.wikimedia.org

One of the greatest 20th century athletes, he died from Parkinson's disease on June 3, 2016.

Prince, 57

@prince

The musician who recorded multiple hits and who was known for his spectacular performances died of an accidental overdose on April 21, 2016.

Merle Haggard, 79

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The country music star died of complications from pneumonia on April 6, 2016.

Harper Lee, 89

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The author of 'To Kill A Mockingbird' died of natural causes on Feb. 19, 2016.

Alan Rickman, 69

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The actor beloved by many for playing Severus Snape in the Harry Potter franchise tragically died of pancreatic cancer on Jan. 14, 2016.

David Bowie, 69

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

One of rock's most influential artists, he died of liver cancer on January 10, 2016. Two days before his death, Bowie released his album Blackstar, featuring the song 'Lazarus', which many consider to be his final goodbye.

Wes Craven, 76

img.buzzfeed.com

The iconic director, known as 'The Master of Horror', died Aug. 30, 2015 of brain cancer.

B.B. King, 89

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The 'King of the Blues' died from vascular dementia on May 14, 2015.

Leonard Nimoy, 83

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Best known for his role as Spock in Star Trek, he died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on Feb. 27, 2015.

Joan Rivers, 81

upload.wikimedia.org

The comedic actress died following minor throat surgery on Sept. 4, 2014.

Richard Attenborough, 90

live.staticflickr.com

The 'Jurassic Park' actor died of natural causes on Aug. 24, 2014.

Oscar De La Renta, 82

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The high-fashion designed died of cancer on Oct. 20, 2014.

Robin Williams, 63

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The comedic actor who was a mainstay in the childhood memories for so many shockingly died from suicide on Aug. 11, 2014.

Maya Angelou, 86

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The landmark poet died of natural causes on May 28, 2014.

Mickey Rooney, 93

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

One of the biggest box office stars of the 20th century, the actor died of natural causes on April 6, 2014.

Shirley Temple, 85

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The iconic former child star died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease on Feb. 10, 2014.

Phillip Seymour Hoffman, 46

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The versatile actor died of a drug overdose on Feb. 2, 2014.

James Avery, 68

upload.wikimedia.org

Best known as Uncle Phil from the 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', he died on Dec. 31, 2013, following open-heart surgery.

Nelson Mandela, 95

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The South African president and activist died from a respiratory infection on Dec. 5, 2013.

Paul Walker, 41

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The 'Fast and Furious' actor died in a high-speed car accident on Nov. 30, 2013.

Cory Monteith, 31

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The 'Glee' actor died of a drug overdose on July 13, 2013.

James Gandolfini, 51

live.staticflickr.com

'The Sopranos' actor died of a heart attack on June 19, 2013.

Margaret Thatcher, 87

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

England's longest-serving prime minister died after suffering a stroke on April 8, 2013.

Richard Griffiths, 65

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The Tony-award winner, also best known for his role as Vernon Dursley in the Harry Potter films died after heart surgery on March 28, 2013.

Neil Armstrong, 82

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The astronaut and first person to walk on the moon, he died following heart surgery on Aug. 25, 2012.

Sally Ride, 61

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The first American woman in space, the astronaut died of pancreatic cancer on July 23, 2012.

Donna Summer, 63

upload.wikimedia.org

The five-time Grammy winning 'Queen of Disco' died of lung cancer on May 17, 2012.

Maurice Sendak, 83

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

Famous for 'Where the Wild Things Are', the author died from complications of a stroke on May 8, 2012.

Adam Yauch, 47

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The rapper from The Beastie Boys died of cancer on May 4, 2012.

Whitney Houston, 48

@whitneyhouston

One of the greatest music icons, she drowned on Feb. 11, 2012.

Etta James, 73

img.buzzfeed.com

The six-time Grammy winning blues singer died from leukemia on Jan. 20, 2012.

Steve Jobs, 56

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

We lost the Apple icon from pancreatic cancer on Oct. 5, 2011.

Amy Winehouse, 27

@amy_winehouse_official_

The singer tragically died of alcohol poisoning on July 23, 2011.

Ryan Dunn, 34

img.buzzfeed.com

The 'Jackass' prankster died in a car crash on June 20, 2011.

Elizabeth Taylor, 79

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The iconic actress died of congestive heart failure on March 23, 2011.

Rue McClanahan, 76

upload.wikimedia.org

The 'Golden Girls' actress died after suffering a brain hemorrhage on June 3, 2010.

Gary Coleman, 42

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The comedically gifted Gary died of a subdural hematoma on May 28, 2010.

Ronnie James Dio, 67

farm5.staticflickr.com

The Black Sabbath vocalist died on May 16, 2010 after a battle with cancer.

Alexander McQueen, 40

scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

The fashion designer sadly died by suicide on Feb. 11, 2010.