starbucks vs dunkin donuts coffee
Food Drink

I'm A Starbucks Girl Who Loves Dunkin' Coffee, And I'm Not Ashamed

Let me first start off by saying, I usually need any type of caffeine to get me through the day, no matter where it comes from.

949
Taylor Dean

Let me first start off by saying, I usually need any type of caffeine to get me through the day, no matter where it comes from. Most days you will see me with my venti berry hibiscus refresher or my venti strawberry açai refresher. Anyone who knows me knows that I cannot get through my day at school without one of these drinks in my hand when the mid-afternoon slump hits. I like coffee, occasionally.

I will be sent into these kicks where I can drink four cups of coffee a day and be fine and then I have those times where I cannot even smell coffee because it sends me into a downward spiral. But I need some sort of caffeine to get me through most days. I also have to say that I like my coffee a specific way, very light and very sweet and I will only occasionally branch out and try other flavorings or drinks.

I am a sucker for the seasonal Starbucks drinks. You will see me with a pumpkin spiced latte in my hand every day from when Starbucks brings them back to when they stop serving them. I also love their peppermint mocha in the winter. I know that sounds so cliché, and it 100% is, but I can't help it. I love my pumpkin spice.

I do like the taste of Dunkin's regular coffee better. It just has a better taste to me than Starbuck's non-flavored drinks. That being said, I like their lattes and other coffee-based drinks. Occasionally I will add vanilla flavoring to a latte or just a regular iced coffee. In both places, I do not like their hot coffee, and I will explain that.

I love my Keurig. I think they are genius and I love that I can make myself coffee without having to make a whole pot, or waste a coffee filter or a lot of coffee. Starbucks and Dunkin' both produce the pods for the Keurig, called k-cups. I love the Dunkin' k-cups. The flavor is just so good and I can make my coffee how I want. For Starbucks, I only like their flavored k-cups. That is not the case with the Dunkin' k-cups though. I own and have owned several of the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte k-cups with the flavor packets. I have tried the french vanilla Dunkin' k-cups but I did not like them.

I am not ashamed of my decision. My taste buds have spoken and I know what I like. Even though I love my fancy Starbucks drinks, I will occasionally have a Dunkin' coffee every now and then. I also can't help it because for holidays and birthdays I will get gift cards for both, so I might as well use them. If I had to settle the debate and pick my absolute favorite, Starbucks would have my heart forever. Yes, I am cliché, and I am not ashamed.