5 Stages Every College Girl Will Go Through By The Time She Graduates

From your first year to your last year, I guarantee that you go through all five stages.

554
college women

From the little sister to the grandma, these are all five stages of what you will go through during your time in college. Everyone starts as the little sister and most of us will probably be in the grandma stage by the time that we are done with college.

College gives us lots of life experiences which contribute to us growing through the stages and becoming wiser. We may want to say that only freshmen year us would respond to 2 a.m. texts but let's face it, from the little sister to the grandma this is something that we all do.

1. The little sister, also known as freshmen year.

The world of college is new and you can't wait to see all that college life has to offer. You are on your own for the first time in your life with no parents to control everything that you do; which means that you are all about staying up late watching Netflix, swiping right as fast as you can on Tinder, and going to parties every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night.

You have no idea what you are doing with your life and that's okay because you still have three years until the real world hits you. No responsibilities and you don't have to worry about anything.

2. Finally promoted to big sister which is just sophomore year.

You learned from your freshmen year experiences and you are all the wiser now. Now you tell all of your freshmen friends all about what you have learned in hopes that they listen to you...which they won't. You have traded staying up late watching Netflix to spending countless late nights in the library because you have started your intro classes for your major. You are convinced that you will never find love which means that you find yourself still swiping right trying to find Mr. Right.

Now you have started to respond to those 2 a.m. texts from Liam from Iced Cap and Pete from Cherry Coke. Then you barely make it to your 8 a.m. because you had to run to your dorm to grab your backpack. You still find yourself going to parties on the weekends but not as many as before because you need your beauty sleep. You have more responsibility but you still don't have much to worry about.

3. You're the cool aunt now so live your junior year up!

The third year is going to be a blast for you. You have learned how to balance school, work, an internship, being on the executive board of your student org flawlessly all while maintaining a social life. Your younger friends all look up to you because they are all trying to figure out how you balance everything because to them it just seems impossible.

You know how you want your life to turn out and you are so productive trying to make that dream a reality; however, you know how to balance all your responsibilities so you can still have fun.

4. You are busy trying to figure out your life just like a mom because you are graduating soon.

Balancing a full-course load with an internship and writing a thesis, has you embracing your inner mom. You have everything scheduled down to a tee and you manage to get everything done that you have to get done. You are constantly making sure your life is on the right track while making sure everyone else's life around you is on the right track. You don't have time to go to parties every weekend but you will always go pick up your friends from parties. You have so much responsibility and are just trying to make it to graduation.

5. You have no idea what the kids are doing these days and you feel like a grandma 95% of the time.

You have no idea what these other kids are doing and you can't keep up with the lingo. You feel way too old to still be in college because you don't want to do anything that these young kids are doing. You'd much rather be curled up on the couch with a blanket watching Netflix and be in bed by 11 p.m. You are counting down the days until you are in an office with real "grown-ups" and to be working a consistent 9-5 p.m. job.