The 17 Stages Of Spring Semester

The 17 Stages Of Spring Semester

A stage for every week of the semester

180
The 17 Stages Of Spring Semester
Quinnipiac University

Week 1: Syllabus Week.

Ah, how refreshing- moving back into the dorms and starting all new classes. You catch up with everyone you haven't seen all break, and swear to yourself you're going to stay motivated and on top of your work this semester.

Week 2: Lectures begin.

After goofing off for syllabus week, now is the time when the real work begins, and professors truly dive into their lectures. You head to the campus bookstore to pick up textbooks.

Week 3: Getting to work.

You're already taking your first tests. With the end of the add-drop period, you have secured your schedule and mostly memorized it.

Week 4: Adjusting.

You finally fall into a routine that works for you, somehow juggling classes, jobs, clubs, eating meals, doing laundry, studying, grocery shopping, and hanging out with friends. You feel your motivation draining away like your bank account.

Week 5: The first long weekend.

You go home for the weekend, hang out with friends from your hometown, cuddle your pets, and spend the rest of the time sleeping and eating.

Week 6: Approaching midterm.

Back at school, you're preparing for midterms. That one pesky textbook you ordered at the beginning of the semester finally arrives in the mail.

Week 7: Midterm.

You find yourself studying for three to five different midterm exams, and truly wondering how much you've learned so far this semester. Your reward for getting through midterm exams is a well-deserved spring break.

Week 8: Spring Break!

Finally, the break you've been waiting for. Some travel to tropical locations and party it up all week, while others hibernate back at home, or pick up extra shifts at work. The ten days of college-free bliss recharges you for the rest of the semester.

Week 9: Return to sadness.

So. Much. Coffee.

Week 10: Course Selection.

Week 11: Considering dropping out.

You feel overwhelmed, and seriously consider dropping out of college and working a job or two while living at home. Do you really need that college degree? (Yes...)

Week 12: Housing Selection.

Week 13: Warm weather.

A few days of 70 degree weather has the campus alive with spring fever. Everyone is sitting out in the sun on the quad in between classes, and you can't stand to be indoors. This serves as a serious distraction from responsibilities.

Week 14: Spring Weekend.

Finally, the biggest college holiday of the spring semester. The weekend festivals are filled with music, dancing, and lots of partying.

Week 15: Home stretch.

It's almost May, so you're being assigned final projects and papers. For seniors, this glorious time of year may mean senior banquets and graduation rehearsals, and for sophomores it may mean a "Halfway There" barbecue to celebrate getting halfway through college.

Week 16: Last week of classes.

The last week of classes are filled with lots of work, and you find yourself scrambling to compile everything for the semester so you have something to show for it.

Week 17: Finals week.

All finals week consists of is studying, drinking coffee, and completing final exams. Although the final exams are torturous, you are raring to get done and get out of there. You pack up your dorm, turn in your key, and say goodbye to your friends. Home free for the summer, you've never felt freer. Congratulations on completing another semester of college!