Springfield, MO: A City Where "Dreams Come True"

A local businesses campaign to show off Springfield, really is true!

12
Desiree Nixon

Springfield, MO, the queen city of the Ozark's, right? Five Pound Apparel, a local company, thinks that Springfield is exactly that and more. It is a place where dreams come true. I can attest this is true.

If you're from Springfield, you may know this phrase and think hmm I do not think that is exactly true. But, that is simply just not the case.

Just like any town, if you look at the harsh aspects it may seem like a city where no dreams are. However, I say just look a little deeper. The creators of the Dreams Come True campaign have a love for Springfield that is undeniable.

I have grown up in Springfield and it has its ups and downs. But it is a great place to be. We have some of the best food in the country...I mean cashew chicken.

Springfield has many educational institutions for you to expand your knowledge. And we are home to some pretty incredible small businesses. These range from Five Pound Apparel (the company that started the dream came true campaign) to Askinosie chocolate.

If you have a dream and a goal Springfield can be the place for you to live that dream. Just like the Mystery Hour host has shown, just because we are the midwest does not mean that we cannot be a place to flourish.

These businesses help to show that this town really is a place where dreams come true. There is a success all around the city.

We have David Leong, a WWII Veteran who created one of the most popular Chinese dishes in our region.

On the other side of things, Academy Award-winning actor Brad Pitt is from Springfield; he actually went to my high school. If you dig deep enough and try hard enough,