7 Things To Do In Philadelphia This Spring

3. Chinatown

57
Stephanie Jeanos

Although New York City will always have my heart, I'm starting to fall for Philadelphia. It's a city that combines rich history with an up-and-coming flare. There are countless trendy spots to check out, especially in the spring and summer months. Here is a list of 7 places to visit in the city of brotherly love!

Spruce Street Harbor Park 

Opening again in May, Spruce Street Harbor Park offers a variety of food, drinks and a gorgeous view. There are rows of hammocks, floating gardens and endless twinkling lights. Perfect for a fun date night or girls night out!

Elfreth's Alley

If you're looking for some history, Elfreth's Alley is the place for you. This residential street is one of the oldest in the country, and a great walk to take in the springtime.

Chinatown

I went to Chinatown for the first time last month, and I will definitely be going back. Home to open air food markets and authentic cuisine, Chinatown is the place to go on an empty (or full) stomach. Dumpling enthusiasts should check out Dim Sum Garden, you will not be disappointed.

Magic Gardens

Magic Gardens is a must in the spring and summer months. Any time a friend of mine comes to visit I always make sure to take them to this hidden gem. Philadelphia's Magic Gardens is not your typical lush, green garden, but instead an oasis entirely covered in mosaics. I won't spoil any more information, but I promise you will have a magical experience.

Philadelphia Museum of Art

I can spend hours walking through the PMA, enjoying works from the Renaissance period to contemporary art. This April, the museum will be incorporating poetry as well, in an effort to embrace other forms of art. Pro tip: On Wednesdays the Philadelphia Museum of Art is "pay what you wish."

The Fillmore 

Calling all music lovers! If you're looking for a trendy, intimate concert venue, then look no further than the Fillmore. Check out their website for a schedule of performers, that are usually (but not always) alternative/pop artists. Some of my recent favorites include Misterwives, Maggie Rogers and Quinn XCII.

Sabrina's Cafe 

Weekends are made for brunching, and there is no place I love more than Sabrina's Cafe. This bright and quirky spot has four different locations in and around Philadelphia, and serves brunch until 4pm. Their stuffed challah French toast is like nothing you've ever tasted before!