10 Songs You Need To Have On Your Spring Semester Playlist

Spring is nearing! Time for butterfly-inducing tunes to be added to your playlists that'll make summer feel like it's just around the corner

204
Unsplash

If you're a big music guy like me and your playlist is feeling rather dry, that can feel awful. Springtime, like summer, deserves the same kinds of bangers. The kinetic energy surrounding spring is electrifying; the palpable happiness and warmth sunshine brings just around the corner reminiscent of the days leading up to Christmas in our youths. Therefore, like Christmas music, we need a playlist to hype up the upcoming warm weather.

New to this whole concept? I've been a big fan of late spring/early summer weather as long as I've been alive, as it is my favorite season. I've been making these hype playlists for years now. Here are then to help jumpstart your mixtape.

1. "Loneliness for love" by lovelytheband

Or anything by lovelytheband honestly, if any band screams SPRING, it's them. Their beats and tones are so butterfly-inducing it's insane. This is their newest song they've most recently released, which is awesome. How cruel of them to tease me with memories of warm weather so early in February.

2. "Fake Denim" by Quinn XCII

Although I usually save Quinn XCII for the summer, this song and it's little blips (you'll get what that means if you listen to the song) give me big spring vibes, oddly enough. Spring and summer are essentially so close to giving off the same feelings, so I would let you off the hook if you just add all of him to your playlist a little early.

3. "I HATE EVERYBODY" by Halsey

Coming out of our bundles of blankets and seasonal depression can be a difficult transition. Halsey really embodies our frustration when we just can't stand everyone around us, but the minute we're alone we hate it. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself? Anyway, the beat of this song and many of her songs off of her newest album would liven your playlist right up.

4. "AFU" by CAL

Here's the song you can blast with your windows rolled down with your friends in the car, yeah that whole vibe. It's that type of song you can just drive and not sing along to, but everyone's enjoying it, bopping their heads and enjoying the billowing warm air from the open windows.

Do y'all get the vibe I'm describing? A big summer one, for sure, so having this in your tool belt when the April air starts to warm up will be much appreciated by your passengers.

5. "Like That" by Bea Miller

Can't forget the sexy, vibey, slower song? Rainy but pleasantly warm spring gives me this song's feel. Also, you need some slower ones during spring. Not as slow as songs you would have on your winter playlist, but the slower ones with the crazy beat. Bea delivers.

6. "I Think I'm OKAY" by Machine Gun Kelly, YUNGBLUD, & Travis Barker

I feel like this is a song that would hit different laying on the beach on your vacation, blaring through your headphones or speaker as you're still on the beach after the sun's gone down far enough so it's gotten a bit darker and a bit cooler.

Maybe you're reading, maybe you're playing catch with your friends, or maybe you're starting to find your supplies for the bonfire that will begin when the sun's gone down more. Whatever your situation, it'll hit.

7. "Someone To You" by BANNERS

This song is chalk-filled with kinetic late spring energy. Something in the lead singer's voice, the way it slows down in the pre-chorus, or the hopeful message the song calls out gives me major spring feels.

Just listening to it now takes me back to right before finals week last spring semester as my friends and I are driving back from an early-season beach day. We didn't listen to this song on that drive, I was playing different songs of similar vibes, but had I known of this song back then, you bet your bottom dollar I would've.

8. "No Shame" by 5 Seconds of Summer

No, this isn't just me plugging my favorite band (stream no shame!!), I just haven't forgotten about those of you that are staying home for spring break and not doing anything that exciting. Spring cleaning instead of spring breaking? Add this to your cleaning jams! Doing something relaxing at home instead of going out with friends? Turn "No Shame" on and big chill with my boys. They'll always treat you right.

9. "Some Kind of Disaster" by All Time Low

The first single off of All Time Low's upcoming album gives me big late spring/early summer angsty vibes. You don't want to study for your finals? Go sit outside with your friends. Bring your work, but you won't be working on it. Bring a speaker. Blast this and just vibe.

Maybe play catch, lay on the grass, or plan your summer vacation. The big end of the spring semester vibes being thrown with this one. By the time this article is out the next single off the album will be released, so go give that a listen too!

10. "Something To Hold Onto" by The Band CAMINO

Last, but not least, the end of semester songs to walk to class to. You would rather be sitting on the banks of the Hocking with your friends straight vibing, but you scheduled yourself a 5:15 p.m. class like a fool. The sun is still out, as daylight savings has finally turned itself around, but the sun's getting low and you know it'll be too cold to enjoy yourself outside with your friends when you get out.

Also, you have to go today, as you skipped the last class for that very reason. Yeah, that point in the semester. When you're dragging yourself to be a responsible college student, vibe to this one. Or honestly any of the slower The Band CAMINO songs and you will be enjoying yourself at least a little bit.

Wow, so many vibes have been thrown! Spring has almost two halves to it, which is what sets it apart from the other seasons and makes it such a magical time, at least in my opinion. Therefore, it deserves equally as magical music.

Hopefully, I've dropped one or two you like and help you build on your playlist and vibes (if you can't tell I love spring. Especially the vibe. Take a shot for every time I say vibe and have 911 ready on your phone before you start!)

Happy listening!