Spring Semester Pep Talk

Spring Semester Pep Talk

You got this!

59
Spring Semester Pep Talk
In Everything

To whom it may concern,

Alright, we’ve just had a break of massive proportions. If you’re a freshman in college (like myself), this month-long winter break thing is completely new. You’ve probably fallen into a pattern of sleeping until noon, lounging around watching Netflix all day, and/or staying out until all hours of the morning on a nightly basis. Well, it’s time to cut all that out. Time to go back to school! I know waking up for an 8 am class sounds less appealing now than it ever has, but it’s time to get your butt into gear and get back on your grind.

One of the things I really appreciate as a college student is that the year is divided into semesters. Take advantage of this because it is much easier to come back to school to something new after a month-long break than to try to remember what you learned before the break. It also gives you the advantage of a fresh start. Did you not do so hot last semester? Take that as a wake up call, and work harder! You’ve had all this time to relax and "do you" and now it’s time to work again. You slept, you relaxed, and you’re super charged for what is to come.

Don’t be bummed about going back to school. Keep it positive! Know that going to college is a privilege that not everyone has. There are some kids who would kill to be in your position. You worked hard throughout high school to get where you are so don’t let the fact that you’re feeling unmotivated get you down! You are living a great life. Even when you are stressed, take a deep breath and know you’re going to kick this semester’s ass. When the work gets you down, ask yourself, “What would I be doing otherwise?" If you can’t think of a more worthwhile answer than watching Netflix, consider the work your friend. It’s giving you something productive to do, and when you finish you’ll feel 20 times better.

You are smart, you are hard working, and you are fantastic. There is no question about it. You are a wonderful human being who can do great things. You are a magnificent human being like no other. So get out there, get on your grind, and make this semester great!

Love,

Peyton