Spring break is most definitely the much-needed break that ALL college students need, especially because it always seems as if the second semester of the year is the most awful time of our school year. So we look to spring break as an escape, a break away from class work and responsibilities, time to go to popular spring break destinations with our best buddies to enjoy the sunshine, and for many.... lots and lots of alcohol. Now don't get me wrong, I am in college and I understand the hype and excitement for this time of the year... I get it. But you can still have a lot of fun while taking necessary precautions to being safe and responsible so that you don't put yourself in any harmful situations. So below are a few different tips on how to remain safe while having a great time.
1. Always use the buddy system.
2. Know your limit when it comes to alcohol and do not surpass it.
3. Share your location with family and friends just to be on the safe side.
4. Watch your drink AT ALL TIMES.
5. Research where you are staying and know the location prior to arriving.
6. Don't drink so much that you are no longer in control of yourself or your actions.
7. Ordering an angel shot at the bar could save your life.
8. Always go with your gut feeling. If it feels wrong, it probably is wrong.
9. If you choose to have sex, make sure you have safe sex.
(who knows, he might be the hottie who shows up to rescue you.)
All in all, I hope I was able to provide to you all with some necessary insight and advice on being safe this spring break 2017!