Why Spring Break Is Important

Why Spring Break Is Important

Students have been working hard and deserve a break, but there are also other reasons as to why they need the time off.

5164
Why Spring Break Is Important
movieboozer

Everyone needs spring break. No matter your age, the time away from thinking hard is much needed. You need the opportunity to recharge your brain and your body. Your brain needs a chance to recover from all of the knowledge it has gained and your body needs to recuperate from the sleepless nights and the toll that stress has had on it. The regular things in life can become old really quickly and to have a fresh view of your daily life, you need to be able to step back from it. There are also students who are extremely far from home and need the opportunity to see their families. However, Spring Break is not just for the students, but for the faculty as well. They need the time off and away from the students as much as the students need time away from the faculty members.

Spring break is also beneficial to your mental health. Staring at the same people and the same rooms for too long will make anyone lose their minds. Being able to step away from your stressful life at school can help you maintain your sanity as well. Stress is actually good for you but too much is detrimental. Having that week off to just relax and get your life together is what makes it possible for students to return afterward and be successful. As well, faculty members are ready and in need for a break. They have to deal with making tests and preparing lectures while catering to student needs on a seemingly 24/7 basis. They need time to recover their energy from sleepless nights and they deserve to have time where they aren’t grading or preparing for class.

By the time the break comes around, students are mentally prepared for time off of learning. Only so much knowledge can be crammed into a brain at once. Spring Break comes at a time where students can head to the beach and spend time with their families. If students are in college, they do not have the opportunity to get to see their families as much as they used to. The break allows them to catch up and spend a lengthy amount of time with their folks and kin. International students even get an opportunity to return home and see their families. Being so far away from home and not being able to use the shorter breaks to go back makes Spring Break an important time for them.