Tryhard Mentality?

What Can You Do During Spring Break Other Than Go To Cancun?

Tryhard Mentality?

7

Many see spring break as a way to relax and go on a trip with friends, and there is really nothing wrong with it. After a long haul of school and midterms, it is definitely a time to rejuvenate and have some fun.

However, my spring break is quite not the ordinary, as I decided to fly to London for a spring course offered by Christie's Education. I definitely got a lot of confused responses when I told my friends what I was doing for the break, because why would anyone want to do more work?

To be honest, there was a bit of remorse when scrolling through Instagram and seeing everyone chilling on the beach or strolling through shops at Soho. However, I was initially convinced that I would be doing something productive and will gain some sort of knowledge from the program.

Now that I am in the middle of it, the remorse went away completely. I love every single minute of the course, because it is something that I am truly passionate about — art business. I am using my time wisely and learning about things that will help me in my future career. I was able to learn from experts from all sectors of the art world who were most likely difficult to access otherwise.

Therefore, there are definitely more options to spring break than traveling. If you have an industry in mind, take a look at the website of major companies in that field, and they will most likely offer some kind of education. Even if you do not know what you want to do, use this opportunity to explore different industries! The amount of experiences and knowledge you gain will definitely surpass the regrets of not drinking a coconut on the beach.