15 Spring Break Ideas That Won't Break The Bank

Tips for when a tropical destination just isn't in the budget.

14

As much as I am sure many of us would like to go to a warm and sunny destination over spring break, there are plenty of money saving and fun alternatives to try instead!

1. Day trips

Find somewhere that is an hour or two away and spend the day exploring.

2. Movie nights

Popcorn. Enough said.

3. Find something new in your own town

Look for places and things to do in your town that you've forgotten about or never noticed. Ask friends for ideas!

4. Go window shopping

You don't have to spend a lot to enjoy a trip to the mall.

5. Go to a local sporting event

Find some cheap tickets for a local game or even go to a high school game!

6. Have a DIY spa day

Grab some face masks and go for it!

7. Try new recipes

Make that cookie recipe that you've had a screenshot for for months.

8. Catch up on your sleep 

Make up for all the sleep you lost studying for those midterms.

9. Binge watch a show on your watch list

It's finally your chance to watch that new Netflix original.

10. Get ahead on schoolwork

Start that essay that's due in a few weeks to avoid extra stress later

11. Spend time with friends and family

Spring break is the perfect time to catch up with the people you love.

12. Challenge yourself to work out 

You can feel powerful and then go back to your Netflix binge.

13. Have a Pinterest party and make some arts and crafts

It's okay to fail a few times.

14. Check out some local coffee shops

A good option if you're a coffee connoisseur like me.

15. Go on a hike

Explore the nature around where you live!