10 Spring Break Trips For Broke College Kids
Spring Break

Who said you have to break the bank for spring break?

177

Spring break is a highlight of anyone in school, however college spring break is on another level. It the last time in the semester to go out and have fun right before you have to start studying for finals. Spring break isn't cheap however and if you want to get away from campus you might need to really save up. But who said you need to go to the beach to have some fun! Here are 20 (cheaper) ideas to do during spring break if you live near the south, that can equally be just as fun, and rewarding then taking out a small loan or saving money!

1. National or State Park Road Trip

Grand Canyon

Unsplash

This is such a fun way to explore nature and go to a state or national park for a couple of days. There you can go boating, hiking, camping, and just enjoy the great outdoors.

2. Mission Trip

Unsplash

Over spring trip I am going with my church to Mexico on a mission trip, these are on the cheaper side because most donors will donate money so that more kids can go for free or at a very little cost. These trips impact so many people's lives positively and it's a once in a lifetime experience.

3. Gulf Shores, AL

Unsplash

With the gulf shore area only being four hours away you can save money through a plane ticket and just drive and either rent a condo/house or even get a hotel room. There are so many different iconic spots that everyone needs to go to at least once!

4. Puerto Vallarta

Unsplash

This was rated the number-one best cheapest spring break destination of 2018. Even though you do have to fly you can find flights fro pretty cheap if you plan in advance, and lodging is pretty cheap as well.

5. New Orleans, LA

Burbon Strret

Unsplash

I know that maybe you have day tripped to NOLA, but have you seen everything that you wanted to see, and ate where you wanted to eat at all in one day. You can easily get an affordable Air B&B, and get to love the city even more.

6. St. Croix, U.S Virgin Islands

Unsplash

Don't have a passport or haven't updated it yet! Don't fear because the US Virgin islands have your back. Here you can find a pretty cheap flight if you plan ahead and the beaches are literally BEAUTIFUL.

7. Orlando, FL

Unsplash

I know that y'all are thinking that I am crazy for putting it on this list but you can do Orlando right! First off, drive, do not fly even though it might take longer the amount of money you are saving if your carpooling for gas money is INSANE. Then if you decide to go to the parks make sure you bring your lunches and beverages so save money as well.

8. Savannah, GA

Unsplash

Savannah might sound like a place where your parents go to celebrate their anniversary, but it's a really fun town to walk around, sightsee, and transform yourself into another time and place. Savannah is another southern city that embraces "to-go cup culture." This is an amazing place to visit if you're a foodie or just curious about what the hype is over southern cuisine.

9. South Padre Island, TX

Unsplash

A barrier island located off the tip of Texas, this is a great spot for spring breakers who are looking for fun in the sun. The island sits at the convergence of the Gulf of Mexico and the Laguna Madre Bay, which means many fantastic (white sand!) beaches, in addition to some great restaurants, spas, shopping, fishing, and other attractions.

10. Myrtle Beach, SC

Unsplash

If you're not interested in the glorious cesspool offered by other popular spring break destinations, this beach alternative is worth more than just a passing thought. Aside from the sand and ocean, Myrtle Beach serves up plenty of nightlife, hotel rates are slashed here during the spring, and you can rent a house on the beach with a group of friends without spending your entire student loan check.