Spring Break Should Be A True Break

Spring Break Should Be A True Break

There's nothing better than knowing that spring break is right around the corner.

9
Spring Break Should Be A True Break

We're at the point in the school year where every student seems to be ready for a break. Students on campus look like walking zombies on their way to class, if they even make it there; grades always tend to suffer right before spring break too because motivation is at a low. After students come back from Christmas break, which is lengthy, it takes quite a bit of time to get back into the swing of things.

After Christmas, a new semester begins, which means new classes, new routines and sometimes even new friends. Once the excitement and hype of the start of the new semester fades, it feels like an eternity until spring break. In the past, I have spent spring breaks somewhere warm, usually a beach, with a huge group of my best friends. This year will be different, but a good kind of different.

Instead of having a wild spring break, this year I'm using spring break to truly relax, destress, and unwind. Life can be stressful, including for college students, so everyone could use a true vacation once in a while. My mom and I are taking a much needed mother daughter trip to Key West, FL, and I cannot wait.

The thought of my toes in the warm sand, with the sun radiating my tan arms, while I hold a pina colada in my hand, makes me extremely thrilled. My mom and I already have an wonderful relationship and a strong bond, but I know that this vacation will make us even closer. We plan to get massages, go on long beach walks and, of course, eat delicious food, which is right up my alley. While I did get invited to go on a cruise to Mexico with a group of friends, I knew that wasn't the type of trip I felt like I needed.

Being on a cruise ship with all of my friends sounds like an absolute blast, but spending quality time with my mom sounds just as fun. I see my college friends every single day; we already have wild experiences and memories together. I didn't want to spend my break partying and drinking; I would much rather spend it making unforgettable memories with a the person I love the most in the world.

Spending time with my mom in Key West means there will be no drama, just endless laughs and smiles, which is what a true break and vacation should be about.