Spring Break 2K17 Part One

Spring Break 2K17 Part One

It was amazing!

13
Spring Break 2K17 Part One
California Watch

For as long as I can remember, Spring Break has always been a big part of my life. It doesn't matter if it was with family, with friends, at home or elsewhere. I have always had a wonderful Spring Break but nothing can beat the Spring Break that I had just a week ago. I went to California!! I had the amazing opportunity to explore around Fresno and Los Angeles and see my boyfriend as well! It's all thanks to my Aunt Vila! Thank you so much!

I have to admit going through the airport checkpoint and getting on the plane was kind of nerve-wracking. Not only was I by myself but it was my first time going through this by myself. I kept telling myself in my head: Victoria, you're 20 freaking years old already, almost 21, so you gotta learn how to do this on your own. I kept saying that in my head the whole time I was walking through the security checkpoint on my way to Fresno, California. I had a one stop at Dallas, Texas so I was getting on a plane to go there. Once it was my turn to enter the security checkpoint, I had taken what I had learned when I went on a plane trip with my family to France and went by with no issues at all. Soon, I was waiting by the gate to get onto the plane to the DFW Airport in Dallas, Texas.

I had two hours before my flight so I decided to read The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry, which my boyfriend got for me for Valentine's Day and I never had the chance to read it (oops sorry xx). I ended up reading halfway through when it was time for me to board my flight. It was an hour flight so I just kept reading the book as we were flying from Atlanta to the DFW airport. The book was very entertaining. I was almost done with the book when we landed in Dallas. I went to the next gate to wait for my flight to Fresno. While waiting for the next hour, I sat next to a mother who was going to see her Navy son in Fresno. She told me that her son was a Navy that was stationed there and that they were going to spend some time there before they drove all the way back to Atlanta. It was a nice talk as the hour went by and finally, it was time to board the plane to Fresno. I got to my seat and ended up falling asleep up until I arrived in Fresno. And my boyfriend wonders why I never finished the book when I landed in Fresno (heh). Too busy talking and sleeping. :')

When I landed in Fresno, I couldn't believe it was so small. The Atlanta and Dallas airports are so big compared to the Fresno airport. Everything was on one floor so I literally had to walk out from the plane and turn right going to the baggage claim where my aunt and boyfriend were waiting for me. Despite it being small, I had to make sure I was going in the right direction (even though I was following the signs) so I kept looking at my phone for my flight information which said my luggage was at Carousel 1. I hadn't realized that I was walking straight to where my luggage was and where my boyfriend and aunt were waiting for me. When I walked through those doors and saw my boyfriend, it was nerve-wracking. I walked straight to him and gave him a big hug while my aunt recorded the whole thing.

I was rather hungry when I got there and was craving for a caramel macchiato from Starbucks so I stopped to get some Starbucks in the airport before heading out to eat with my boyfriend while my aunt went to prepare my room for me. Despite my claims of hunger, I was just feeling super full after that Starbucks drink and couldn't finish the rest of my Chick-fil-A fries. :'( My boyfriend, who had never had Chick-fil-A, helped me eat the rest with his new profound love for their special sauce. After dinner, we headed to a little outdoor mall where we just walked around and shopped a little. Soon, we were tired and decided to head back home to my aunt's house. My aunt had prepared my room for me and my boyfriend helped me carry my luggage and bags into the room. We went back downstairs to hang out and just talk. It was a fun night of laughter and happiness. Soon, I was tired and it was time for my boyfriend to leave for the night. He would be back tomorrow but it was hard to watch him go.

The next day, my aunt's car had some issues with it and we had originally planned to hike around Yosemite National Park but because of her car issue and the long drive there, my boyfriend and I decided to go to the Fresno Chaffee Zoo. The last time I went to the zoo was when I was just a little girl and went with my family. Before that, we went to eat breakfast at IHOP, in which he had also never been. IHOP as always been my go-to breakfast place whenever I have the chance to go and he loved it there as well! After breakfast, we went to the zoo. My mom, who has been there, said the place was small, however; going around the place, it was huge to me. There were lots of animals and beautiful plants to see. We went to everything that was on the map and got to see the animals and how they lived and survived. It was sad to see some of the animals going into endangerment. Once we finished exploring around the zoo, we left to explore around Fresno.

Even though it was a small city, there were still a lot of things to see around there. I wanted to go check out their underground garden but they were closed that day so we decided to go to the park and just walk around. The park was so huge and it had a beautiful lake that was a sight to see. We stood there, just taking in the beautiful scenery and after a while, we left. Having nowhere else to go around Fresno and, since it was getting late, we decided to rent Redbox movies and watch movies back at my aunt's place. We went back and watched Doctor Strange, which was AMAZING by the way. My aunt had made us delicious Laotian noodles to eat and egg rolls as well. It was a yummy meal. Night came around and it was time to sleep. My boyfriend left and I slept soundly after a long day.

With that, this article ends. Stay tuned next week for our adventures at Disneyland!