SAMF Is Right Around The Corner — Here Are The Artists To Get Excited About

There are so many artists on the lineup for Spring Awakening this year. Here are some of my favorites and some that I think you should look out for if you are attending the festival.

112
SAMF PR

I am going to pull five artists from each day to try and give you guys a rundown of who I think is most worth seeing. There are over 90 artists scheduled for the entire 3-day weekend so my 15 artists definitely do not show the diversity the festival holds but hopefully can give you some insights about some fan favorites!

One through five, my top artists for Friday, June 7th.

Six through ten, my top artists for Saturday, June 8th.

Eleven through fifteen, my top artists for Sunday, June 9th.

June 7th - Dom Dolla 

Dom Dolla is an Australian house music producer who truly gets me excited about house music. At just 27 years old, he has recently begun to really market himself in the house music genre. With over 700,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, he is most known for his hits — Define, Take It, and Be Randy.

June 7th - Galantis

If you know anything about EDM, you know Galantis. Galantis, a Swedish electronic dance music production duo, made up of Christian Karlsson and Linus Eklow, has been defined as one of the most popular duos currently in the EDM genre. With more than 12 and a half million monthly listeners, they are most known for their smash hits, Runaway (U & I), No Money and Spaceship.

June 7th - Illenium 

Chicago native, Nicholas Miller, better known as Illenium gets to return to his home town for his first ever SAMF debut. He began his career in early 2008 but fully immersed himself into it after he saw Bassnectar in concert in 2012. This past year he released an EP that threw him directly into the spotlight. You cannot go on social media without seeing something about him or his music. With over 5 million monthly listeners on Spotify, he is most well known for his songs, Feel Good, his remix of Don't Let Me Down by the Chainsmokers and Beautiful Creatures.

June 7th - Virtual Riot 

A German DJ and an electronic dance music producer, Virtual Riot is someone that everyone should look out for. Before he was Virtual Riot, he was Your Personal Tranquilizer who produced ambient dubstep and future garage. With over 600,000 monthly listeners on Spotify, he is most known for his songs, Energy Drink, Pray For Riddim, and his collab with Datsik for Warriors of the Night.

June 7th - Zedd 

This Russian-German DJ is well known throughout the entire world, if you don't listen to EDM, you most likely have listened to him on the radio at some point. He has collaborated with many different artists that get him exposure into many different realms of music. With over 20 million monthly listeners on Spotify, Zedd is most well known for his songs, Stay, The Middle and Beautiful Now.

June 8th - Alan Walker 

A Norwegian DJ whose song has been used in every single video you see on Facebook since 2015, Alan Walker is still a name to be remembered. At just 21 years old, Walker has truly made a name for himself in the EDM world. Mainly known for his house music style, he also makes some electro music as well. With over 25 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you may know him for his top songs, Faded, All Falls Down and Darkside.

June 8th - DJ Snake 

Another name you just can't forget, DJ Snake, from Paris, France but has mad himself every well known in the U.S for his collaborations with some of the biggest artist in the world such as Justin Bieber, Cardi B and so many others. With almost 30 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you may know Snake for his most popular songs, Let Me Love You, Middle and Taki Taki.

June 8th - Flosstradamus 

Another Chicago DJ, this will be Curt Cameruci's first Spring Awakening since 2015. His name is not as well known as others, but he is definitely someone to look out for during this festival. His sound is something really different that always gets me hyped up; his music type is more trap than anything. He is credited as one of the pioneer DJ's who brought trap and EDM together. With almost 1.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you may know him for, Soundclash, Came Up and 2 Much.

June 8th - Rezz 

The first female DJ I get to talk about, finally! REZZ is a Canadian DJ from Ontario who produces more new wave electro and techno beats. Currently signed under Deadmau5's record label, REZZ is on the come up. With more than half a million monthly listeners on Spotify, she's best known for her hits, Edge, Relax and H E X.

June 8th - Subtronics 

Recently getting big in the past few months, Subtronics is mostly known for his style of dubstep and his use of mechanical sounds. You'll find that he is the most popular on Soundcould where most of his following is. With almost a quarter of a million monthly listeners on Spotify, he is well known for his hits, Now That's What I Call Riddim Vol. 1-4 , Senapi and Hit Em.

June 9th - Benny Benassi 

I never knew that Benny Benassi made one of my favorite songs ever, but I finally found out and I am now stoked to see it live. He is credited with bringing electro-house into the mainstream music industry. At 51 years old, Benassi has not stopped making hits, he paved the way for many, many DJ's and he continues to make his own, unique music. With over 2 million monthly listeners on Spotify, he is most well known for Satisfaction (my favorite), Cinema, and Paradise.

June 9th - Cheat Codes 

Cheat Codes are DJ's for the summer. They are most well known for their style of future bass, trap, and tropical house. This trio has many hits with big artists throughout the U.S. as well. With over 14 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you will know their biggest hits, No Promises, Feels Great and Pretty Girl.

June 9th - Crankdat 

After turning down a full ride scholarship to Kent University, Christian Smith dedicated his time and energy into making music. Only two years older than me, he is a million times more successful. With almost 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify, Crankdat is most well known for his remix of Fetty Wap's Trap Queen but also these three songs, Kneel Before Me, Reasons To Run, Next Life.

June 9th - GRiZ 

Straight out of Michigan, this DJ has something not many DJ's do - soul. Know for playing his saxophone in his mixes and also incorporating funk, electro-soul and self-described future-funk into everything he produces. With over 1 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you will know GRiZ for his most popular songs, Good Times Roll, Can't Hold Me Down and Find My Own Way.

June 9th - Martin Garrix 

Last but certainly not least, if you don't know him, have you ever turned on a radio? Martin Garrix is one of the most well known DJ's in the world right now, moving his way from EDM into more pop music, his career exploded almost immediately. With almost 30 million monthly listeners on Spotify, you will know his most popular songs, In the Name of Love, Ocean, and High On Life.

There is 15 artists here but almost a hundred at the festival. Go and find someone you like and fall in love with their music.