Truth Talk: Spreading The Good News Because It’s Worth It, It Matters And It's Our Commission

It's our commision as believers, but we are not alone. God is right there with us.

10
https://unsplash.com/photos/7s3biR6HATU

A few weeks ago, I went to Mexico to visit my family in Mexico. My grandma had been very sick and my dad was worried so we went out to see her. This trip to my sister and I was more than just a family visit. We were praying that my grandma would accept Jesus as her one and sufficient Savior.

My dad is from a very remote place. So remote, that it took us about 12 hours from the airport to get to his little ranch. Although Spanish is spoken here is Spanish, the predominant language is Mixe, a dialect. My sister and I were not to speak Mixe, but my dad is fluent in it. So we were faced with the question of how would we get to our grandma with the Gospel.

I was nervous, What if my family didn't want to translate for us? What if my grandma wouldn't want to accept? What if she didn't understand? What if's were constantly running through my mind.

On our second to last night there, we mustered up the courage and asked one of my aunts to translate for us because we wanted to pray for my grandma. She did. After telling my grandma a few things, while my aunt translated, I asked her if she wanted to accept. She said yes, To my surprise my aunt said we could tell her what to repeat in Spanish and she would understand and repeat it after us. She did. I know there was a party in heaven because that's what happens when a sinner repents and accepts Jesus.

That's not all. My uncle and his family accepted too. Our trip was well worth it. After more then 24 hours of travel (including the plane ride - thanks to the 5 hour layover in Mexico City). I felt that we had accomplished what God had sent us out here for.

Now I want to be super honest here. I think I had been so afraid of asking my grandma if she wanted to accept that I even began thinking "Does it matter?" and even after "Did it matter?" and yes it does!! In my time of doubt I pushed through with the verses that spoke about the truth of God and the salvation He has so freely given us.

Sometimes I think we need to remember what Jesus did on that cross. It was no small thing. He went through all that pain, carrying the cross, that bore the sins of the world. He died for us, and not just any death but death on that cross. It was painful more than I can ever imagine. But through this He forgave our sins and the veil was torn. We are now able to freely talk to our Creator. Jesus rose on the third day, defeating death - giving us eternal life. That is no small thing! But sometimes we forget the amazing thing Jesus has done, myself included!

God has sent us to spread the Good News to others, There are so many in need and Jesus is the answer to it all. He did an amazing thing for us and it has brought us eternal life! We need to share that. Spreading the Word does matter, What Jesus did on that cross, does matter.

I rejoice in the fact that my grandma and uncle's family accepted. I do not want to take this for granted and act like it was nothing. Language was not a barrier. God was faithful. He opened up the doors for us to get to our family. I praise Him for what He has done because it is no small thing!!! All the glory be to God!

You don't have to be a missionary in another country to spread the Gospel. You can do it wherever you are, with the people around you. Today, I want to encourage you to not give up on spreading the Good News. To not give up on that family member that hasn't accepted yet. To not give up on that friend that you have been inviting to bible study for so long and keeps saying no. To not give up on those around you who don't know Jesus yet. In our human minds, sometimes it's impossible to think of that person to ever come to Jesus. But let me tell you, God is a God of the impossible. It's his specialty. What you see as impossible, does not limit God. He can do it all. So don't get discouraged, keep on preaching the Word. It is so worth it and it matters more than you can even imagine! It's his commission to us as believers - so let's get to work.

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Mathew 28: 16-20

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:8