10 Ways To Spread Kindness On Your College Campus This Semester
Health Wellness

Being kind not only makes other people feel good, but it makes you feel good too.

324
hands making a heart

Classes are about to start, and while you are thinking about your school shopping you still need to get done, maybe you should also start thinking about how to spread kindness. See, being kind not only makes other people feel good, but it makes you feel good too.

1. Text your friend out of the blue to say you love them.

https://unsplash.com/photos/HbyYFFokvm0

Guaranteed way to make your pal smile.

2. Leave encouraging sticky notes on cars in parking lots.

Because who doesn't love surprises?

3. Write a thank you note.

https://unsplash.com/photos/0YbeoQOX89k

When someone does something nice for you, write them a thank you note! People rarely do this anymore, so it's special when someone receives one.

4. Bake a dessert and give it to a stressed friend.

If you have a way to make a cake or cookies, baking something for a friend who is stressed out is a great way to show your support.

5. Bring donuts to your 8 a.m.

https://unsplash.com/photos/6SMF42-JTAc

Yeah, you'll have to wake up extra early and spend a little bit of money, but think of all the friends you could make and the days you could brighten.

6. Leave goody bags on the door knobs on your dorm floor.

Buy a couple bags of candy and leave a sweet treat! Bonus if you put an encouraging quote with it.

7. Leave a bag of quarters on a vending machine.

Super easy and fairly cheap, this will surely brighten a stranger's day!

8. Pay for the person behind you at a coffee shop.

https://unsplash.com/photos/ZLqxSzvVr7I

This might be a little more expensive, but it is bound to make the person behind you super happy!

9. Hand out compliment cards.

These are super simple to make and a lot of fun to hand out! And, you can ask the person who you give them it to give it to someone else, so it just continues to be passed along.

10. Make an effort to not be on your phone with friends, family, or really anyone you are with.

https://unsplash.com/photos/PGnqT0rXWLs

Phones can be super distracting, so it's best to focus all your energy on the people you are with!

I hope this list was helpful and that you will use it to spread kindness! The world needs more of it.