How to Spot a Sleep Addict

How to Spot a Sleep Addict

It isn't as hard as you might think.

17
How to Spot a Sleep Addict
Athea Supplements

Aww… sleep. The high point of my days. The one thing that I look forward to consistently. It is the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I think of when I go to bed. I love sleep. I’ve been told by countless people that if I don’t get out of bed each and every morning, I am “sleeping my life away.” Honestly, that sounds fantastic.

I am addicted to sleep. I love nestling up under twenty plus layers of blankets. I snuggle up to fluffy pillows and dream of cotton candy clouds. I love how all of the stress of the day just melts away into the pillows, just as my head does. However, sleep has its downfalls, mostly getting up in the morning.

I hate feeling groggy in the morning. I stretch and stretch, but I do not want to open my eyes. That bed is like a sanctuary for me. I feel safe, and if I have to get up and leave my bed, I feel vulnerable to what the world has for me.

Sleep is great. Every single person in every single country on this beautiful blue planet sleeps. It is like a universal activity for humans and animals. However, some people may appreciate sleep more than others. It is not a bad thing to love sleep, not is it a bad thing to want to be active more than sleep, but it does not take much to identify those individuals who love sleep… like, genuinely love sleep.

People who love to sleep, typically, are not morning people.

As someone who loves sleep, I can honestly say, I have never been a morning person. I am a pain in the butt to wake up in the morning. I can not even count how many times I missed the school bus because I fell back asleep.

These people may not refer to themselves as night owls, either.

Some people who enjoy sleep can stay up late, but for me, I can only handle being awake for so long. It does not take much for me to get tired. I get drowsy if I even sit down on my bed. I would much rather fall asleep listening to music in bed than going out drinking an partying.

They probably have like fifty thousand blankets and pillows.

I have an addiction to blankets and pillows. I am never content with just one or two pillows. I have to have an extensive amount of pillows just to be comfortable, and I love being wrapped up in blankets. I have no shame in wrapping myself into a human burrito.

They can fall asleep anywhere and everywhere.

When you start yawning and the eyelids start to fall, it is time to go to sleep, and people who love to sleep can often find themselves sleeping in some pretty uncomfortable places and in some pretty funky positions.

That 20 minute “power nap” becomes a full fledged sleep session.

I tell myself before I take a “power nap” that I will wake up immediately, and I will not fall back to sleep. I remind myself of all of the important things that have to be done that day, and yet, I will fall back asleep and wake up four hours later.

We have to set a hundred alarms because we will keep hitting the snooze button.

I will admit, this is one of my biggest faults. I am terrified of being late to work or school, and I know that I will sleep through anything, so I set several back up alarms, but then I have to set back up alarms to those back up alarms because I know I will press the snooze button. This truly is a dilemma.

If we do not set an alarm, there is no telling when we'll wake up.

This is especially true on the weekends. I never set alarms on the weekends, and I could wake up any time from seven in the morning to three in the afternoon.

People who loved to sleep are all around us. If you look around, you might find one sleeping next to you.