3 Things You'd Never Think To Do In October

You'd be shocked.

28
scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram.com

October; what are the first thoughts when you think of the spooky month? Halloween right? Well, there is a lot more to do than just Halloween.

Depending on your location of residence, it will determine whether or not you can attend some events or not; but along with Halloween at the end of the month you have a few events across the United States that take place in the horror filled month.

While these are just a few of the multitude of events during the month of October; you can see that there is so much more to do than just focus on what you are going to wear for Halloween and if you are or not going out trick or treating. So whats is going to be? Are you going to attend a local street fair? Or are you going to test you strength at the McKamey Manor and see what you are made of?

1. Treme Fall Fest in New Orleans

During October 5th through October 7th, there is whats called Treme Fall Fest in New Orleans; Treme Fall Fest is a celebration of Faubourg Treme, which is the oldest African American neighborhood. During the event, it hosts live music, food and craft booths; while to get into the event is based solely on donations, the proceeds go to many of the cultural organizations found throughout the community of Treme.

2. Midtown Oyster Bar Pig Roast

While in Rhode Island around October 10th, Midtown oyster bar host's an annual pig roast; with live music and many different things to do. But, before the pig roast on October sixth in the Broadway district, in Newport host's a street fair. The Broadway Street Fair starts at Equality Park and extends all along the street offering live music, food, family activities and exhibiting artists. Along with an open stage for musicians, comedy, and dancers. Then, after a nice live performance of an artist, there are more than a dozen restaurants that will show off their culinary talents.

3. McKamey Manor

The Guardian

Now what would the month of horror be without horror? During the month of October, you can go to McKamey Manor in San Diego..... but enter at your own risk. McKamey Manor, is one haunted house you'll never forget, it's often so scary you have to sign a wavier form just to step foot into the Manor. McKamey Manor isn't your average haunted house, instead pop-up ghosts, there will be fairground operators smoking a cigarette behind you. throughout the Manor you are bound, gagged, drenched in blood and terrorized for four to seven hours. The Manor grinds down guests through sheer terror, force feeding them, riding them, shouting in their faces, shutting them in small boxes and much, much more. "Sound like the worst way to spend a night ever yes? Well apparently not, because there's 24,000 people on the waiting list"