The New 'SpongeBob' Meme Toys Are The Best Thing Ever

The New 'SpongeBob' Meme Toy Collection Is The Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed

Catch my college a** ordering all of them

547

Nickelodeon just announced the release of the new "SpongeBob" meme toy collection in honor of the show's 20th anniversary. They are releasing five popular figures based on the show's most popular memes. These amazing toys are available on Amazon for $21.99.

Let me just repeat myself and say, THIS IS THE BEST THING I NEVER KNEW I NEEDED.

I am a huge fan of "SpongeBob" in general, but when I started seeing"SpongeBob" memes pop up in my social media feed, I died of laughter. "SpongeBob Squarepants" is a huge part of not just my childhood, but millions of other people around the world. Even if you haven't seen the show, people still know the quotes and famous episodes. The show is timeless and these figures are living proof.

Here is the original episode each meme is from:

1. Mocking SpongeBob

This meme comes from the episode where Squidward is reading SpongeBob's diary at work. Squidward reads a line that says, "When Spongebob sees plaid, he has this uncontrollable urge to cluck like a chicken." SpongeBob sees Mr. Krabs wearing plaid and immediately goes into a chicken position and proceeds to cluck like a chicken. This is one of the newer SpongeBob episodes, but this meme took off like it was from one of the classics. I saw this meme EVERYWHERE for months.

2. Shocked Patrick

Shocked Patrick is actually from "The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie." SpongeBob and Patrick are being chased by a sea monster and jump out of the way right before the monster can eat them. The monster runs off a cliff and is eaten by another monster, which gets eaten by another monster. Spongebob and Patrick witness this whole event, leaving them shocked at what they had just seen.

I feel this meme on a spiritual level! I make the same face at least 6 times a day, so I'm definitely going to buy this figure.

3. Rainbow SpongeBob

This episode was one of my favorites growing up. SpongeBob and Patrick play in a cardboard box, and Squidward can't seem to understand how a cardboard box can bring them so much joy. When Squidward opens the box and asks SpongeBob and Patrick, SpongeBob explains that all you need is "imagination." Spongebob waves both hands over his head creating an imaginary rainbow, and thus the meme was born. This meme is often used in a very sarcastic tone, which I am no stranger to. Needless to say, this meme also speaks to me on a spiritual level.

4. Handsome Squidward

In this episode, Squidward gets hit in the face with a door and has to get plastic surgery on his face. When he wakes up from the surgery and removes his bandages, he discovers that he's become "handsome." His new look has made him famous among the Bikini Bottom community, and at first, it's wonderful. But Squidward begins to miss his privacy and his normal life, so he asked SpongeBob to hit him in the face with the door again in hopes that it would change him back to his original self. But each time SpongeBob hits Squidward with the door, he only gets more handsome.

The figure on Amazon is what Squidward's full "handsome transformation" looks like in the episode. It's quite clear that the tone of the "Handsome Squidward" meme is very dramatic, therefore Squidward is the perfect fit.

5. Caveman SpongeBob

Ah, another classic episode everybody should know. In this episode, Squidward gets stuck in a freezer and time travels into the past, where he meets different versions of SpongeBob. One of these versions is "Caveman SpongeBob." Squidward teaches Caveman SpongeBob a bunch of things, such as what fire is and how to catch jellyfish. This meme represents a moment where you're caught off guard or surprised by something. I am often, if not always, confused or caught off guard, which makes this meme almost TOO relatable. This one is definitely one of my favorites out of the five other names for sure.

These toys are proof that SpongeBob is not just for kids, and it can reach many different audiences! I can't wait to show Spongebob to my children and share a part of my childhood with them.

SpongeBob is a warm, funny memory that makes me laugh and remind me of my childhood. It's even better when you meet someone who is also a fan of the show. You can exchange your memories together and reminisce on the iconic episodes.

These toys are for anyone who loves the show and its characters. SpongeBob will forever be a part of the younger generations' culture. I have no doubt that "SpongeBob memes" will continue to be created, and it will forever be a pop culture phenomenon.