Don't Just Spill The Tea, Dump The Whole Darn Pot
Social Life

We all need to dump the tea sometimes.

75

2019 has not been a kind year to me so far. I have a lot of pent up aggression from a lot of things and there is someone who has truly pushed all of my buttons. It stressful to be angry. It takes a lot of energy to think about all the things you wish you could say or do, but can't.

So sometimes, you just need to spill the tea. All of it.

I got the chance to video chat with a friend and I went all out. I complained and trash talked about it all. I can't even begin to describe how much better I felt after letting it all out. Having someone sit there and listen and get riled up with me helped a lot. I was finally able to get so much off of my chest.

Talking with her was also a safe place. It was just between us and just let me vent. I wasn't bad mouthing to everyone and making things worse. I just needed to let some things out, and she was there to listen. I gave her the whole pot of tea.

I think it's important that everyone dumps the tea every now and again. That you have a safe person to talk to and just trash talk about anything and everything. The biggest thing is that you just let it out. When I'm complaining, I'm not looking for someone to try and reason with me. I want someone to just nod there head and go through my emotions with me.

All I want is to say my peace. In the form of hard trash talk.

We all get a little frustrated sometimes and just need to vent. I see posts on Facebook all the time that says someone needs to go on a rant about something. Don't be afraid to find a safe person and vent until your heart is content. You might be surprised by how much better you feel after.

To my safe person, thank you. Thank you for assuring me that my feelings were valid. Thank you for letting me trash talk and spill all the tea.

What helps you deal with things? How much tea do you like to spill?