Spicing Up Spaghetti

Spicing Up Spaghetti

Tips and tricks for a delicious pasta sauce
15

As college students, we are all deemed to eat spaghetti probably more times during the week that anything else because let's face it, it's affordable, quick, and holds a lot of carbs! I'm here to give you a few pointers to make that store bought $.89 can of pasta sauce taste a little bit more home made!

1. Cutting up a little bit of fresh onion and garlic adds some crunch to your pasta sauce and gives some added flavor. If you really wanna get fancy, try also cutting up fresh mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, or your other favorite crunchy vegetables!

2. Your spice cabinet should always have oregano, salt, and pepper in it - so add them! Maybe you wanna get real crazy and add some garlic powder - hey, it's your creation!

3. My secret to the best pasta sauce is to add a little bit of brown sugar (no more than 2 Tbsp... but again, it's your sauce, so you do you boo boo) - it thickens the sauce, takes away some heat, and gives an added flare that most people find unusually creative.

I hope that this article helps you all give a good ole college try to cooking on your own! Remember that cooking is creating, and your pallet is your paint brush - basically just add things until it tastes good! You will be great!