10 Ways to Decorate for Fall

10 Cute Ways To Spice Up Your Bedroom For The Colder Months Ahead

It's Fall, ya'll!

369

The leaves are turning a crispy brown and the air has become nice and cool which means it's officially autumn. As fun as the summer was we are all excited to trade in tight tube tops to warm fuzzy sweaters and spending most of your time inside. This transition is a perfect time to make your room into a warm cozy space since you'll be there for the next several months. Throwing out some of those vacation souvenirs with dark colors and warmth will make the whole experience of cold weather much more enjoyable. Luckily, redecorating your room for the cooler months is very simple and with just ten simple steps, you can relax and keep warm in your new and improved holiday bedroom.

1. Candles, candles, CANDLES!!!!

Nothing adds up to the smell of a fresh candle wafting through your nose with the smell of pumpkin spice or apple pie. The flame flickering around as you lay in bed and read. Even during times of stress, a nice, soothing scent is perfect for easing your senses and relaxing.

Find on Amazon for $26.91

2. Soft throw pillows.

i.vimeocdn.com

With all the fall and winter breaks happen every year it is essential that we catch up on sleep and the best way to do that is to sink your head into a warm cushioning pillow Throw pillows not only provide you with constant comfort but they also give your room a cute seasonal look (especially if they contain the colors brown, red, yellow, or white).

3. Fuzzy blankets.

When spending the day out in the cold all we can ever think about is curling up in a big soft blanket and drifting off to sleep. The more blankets the better because you can bundle up and stay warm while the wind blows outside. The fuzzy cute ones are ideal for putting on your bedspread and giving your room a splash of seasonal color.

Find on Amazon for $28.99

4. Cute little candies.

c1.staticflickr.com

With Halloween and Christmas right around the corner, the smell of sweets will be in the air. Keeping candy such as chocolate and caramels in little glass jars give your room a holiday vibe that will keep you in a jolly mood. When you're craving a treat you have instant access to delicious holiday treats.

5. Christmas lights.

Luminous Christmas lights never fail to make a bedroom look ten times better. Sparkly little lights light up the room in a way that makes the space more welcoming and gleamy. Fairy lights give the most comforting feelings because they are not too bright and give more of a magical glow to the room.

Find on Amazon for $15.99

6. Pumpkin decor.

upload.wikimedia.org

Plastic or real, orange or pink, pumpkins are an essential decoration towards a delightful fall bedroom. They fit as an appropriate decoration for Halloween and Thanksgiving and are a fun and festive way to dress up your room.

7. Festive wreaths.

During holidays the stored are filled with Thanksgiving and Christmas wreaths which ideally fit on the door of your holiday bedroom. For the months of fall you can hang a nice straw one filled with acorns and flowers and on Christmas, you can replace the straw with evergreen and ornaments.

Find on Amazon for $59.87

8. Stuffed animals.

c1.staticflickr.com

Too many stuffed animals can become cluttered but a few teddy bears can spice it up and give it a homey look. Placing them on the bed and the chairs keep your room looking inviting and comfortable.

9. Wall decals.

Wall decals are an amazingly efficient way to fill up some wall space. It is perfectly simple to add or remove them and they appear as they came on the wallpaper originally. You can switch them out constantly and when choosing ones with fall leaves or snowman's will add a lot of decor to your room especially when finding some that stretch from one wall to the other!

Find on Amazon for $10.00

10. Fluffy rugs.

c1.staticflickr.com

Lastly and most importantly, no fall/winter room can be complete without something to keep your toes warm in the morning. No one wants to walk on a cold floor right when we get up in the morning because let's face it, getting up when it's cold outside is hard enough. Adding a rug will fill up your floor space with colors, and apply warmth to your feet during the harsh weather months.

Please note that prices are accurate and items in stock as of the time of publication. As an Amazon Associate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.