Signs You Spend Your Entire Summer At Your Neighborhood Pool

5 Signs You Spend Your Entire Summer At Your Neighborhood Pool

~Sweet summer time~

221
Kate Tulenko

Over the summer, I am a member of my local pool, and it is the thing that I look forward to every year. It is such a welcoming and loving facility, and everyone there is family. Even though I am too old for summer swim team there anymore, I love that I still get to work at the pool and see all of my friends every day. So, here are 5 signs that you spend your entire summer at the pool!

1.  You’re ridiculously tan

Kate Tulenko

…and you love it. In the summers, I get so tan and it's my favorite thing ever—people always ask me if it's fake and I'm like "nah."

2.  Your feet are ~extremely~ callused

Kate Tulenko

…and it is ~gross~. I get this all the time from walking around the concrete to constantly having pool toe (or pool foot, in this case).

3.  You know who every single person at the pool is

Kate Tulenko

…but not their real names. You just remember them as "the mom with the pink sunglasses" or "the kid that thinks he knows how to swim, but really doesn't so DON'T LET HIM SWIM ALONE."

4.  You and your friends know all the words to that ~one song~

Kate Tulenko

…country roads, take me home. You and your friends have this one anthem that you guys constantly listen to, to the point that it annoys all of the other members.

5.  Your pool friends are your favorite people

Kate Tulenko

You guys will talk about anything that comes to mind and are constantly laughing about the stupidest stuff—there are too many inside jokes to count!