5 Ways To Spend Your Spring Break Instead Of An Expensive Vacation
Spring Break

5 Ways To Spend Your Spring Break, While Everyone Else Goes On Expensive Vacations

Spring break is the perfect time to unwind, rest and recharge.

71

If you're like me and your spring break doesn't line up with your family's schedule, your other friends' spring breaks or just doesn't really fit into your current budget, you're probably looking for alternatives to a tropical spring break vacation.

1. Catch up on your Netflix shows

You've probably heard the cliche of the typical college student who spends the majority of their time watching Netflix. I am here to say that this cliche is kinda uncommon. Don't get me wrong, I watch my fair share of Netflix, but definitely do not have as much time set aside to relax and watch shows as much as I'd like to. Spring Break is the perfect time to sit down with your family, friends, or dogs, and settle in to watch a new show or catch up on seasons of a past favorite. And trust me, you will never regret time spent watching Netflix.

2. Catch up on sleeping

Spring break is the perfect time to relax and recharge. While you can't actually "catch up" on sleep, spring break is the perfect time to bank some much-needed sleeping hours. College can wear down even the strongest immune system and with finals and probably the busiest season of the school year coming up, it's important to take care of yourself when you can to avoid that constant cold that everyone seems to have.

3. Get ahead on your spring cleaning

If you're like me and spent the majority of your first semester buying so much clothing that you're probably not going to have room for when you move back home, then spring break is the perfect time to clean out all your old clothes and declutter your life. It'll also eliminate the inevitable stress that comes along with trying to store all of your college stuff with all of your home stuff neatly.

4. Spend time with your family

Whether you go to school across the country, or forty-five minutes away, I can guarantee you don't get to see your family as much as you'd like to. Spring Break is the perfect time to make the rounds and visit each of your family. It's also the perfect time to catch up and fill them in on your life at college.

5. Explore places near your hometown

If you're like me and live in New Jersey, there's a good chance that you have access to New York and the beach. Take this time over break to explore your surrounding areas, whether it be a trip to the city or a quick car ride down to the shore, and maybe find your new favorite spot.

* * *

Whether you have a set plan or just looking forward to resting during your week off from school, these options are perfect for you. And hey, maybe spend this spring break planning a trip for next year!