My Speculation On Kevin Spacey's 'Let Me Be Frank'

My Speculation On Kevin Spacey's Creepy 'Let Me Be Frank' YouTube Video

What are the hidden messages of Kevin Spacey's creepy new video?

327
0:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

On December 24th, 2018, Kevin Spacey posted from his personal YouTube channel a video entitled "Let Me Be Frank". In this video, he channeled the "House of Cards" character, Frank Underwood, and delivered a chilling message. Spacey's monologue, delivered in Underwood's signature Georgia accent, was poised as if having a discussion with the audience about truth and misconception. The monologue and video could have been passed off as simply an homage to Spacey's characterization of Frank Underwood, but it was instead viewed as highly controversial when coupled with Spacey's sexual assault allegations.

Beginning October 29th, 2018, fifteen sexual assault accusations against Spacey surfaced. The first accusation was from Anthony Rapp, an actor who was 14 years old at the time of the alleged assault in 1986. These accusations have greatly impacted Spacey's career as he's been fired from Netflix's "House of Cards", recast in "All the Money in the World', and removed from any and all current projects. The accusations against Spacey, at large from young adult and underage males, span decades but were most concentrated when Spacey was in a position of power as an artistic director for London's Old Vic Theatre. Over 20 accusations of inappropriate behavior from Spacey as director from 2004 to 2015 have been cited.

"Let Me Be Frank", released the same day as news of Spacey's arraignment for felony sexual assault with Nantucket District Court, appears to some as a defense against the accusations.

"Of course some believed everything, and have just been waiting with bated breath for me to confess it all. Just dying to have me declare that everything said was true, and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn't that be easy?" as stated by Spacey.

Spacey, unofficially characterizing himself as Frank Underwood, insinuates that his accusers aren't honest and that the accusations are more complicated. When I first watched the video, I thought the obvious use of Underwood's mannerisms hinted at him returning somehow to Netflix or Hollywood in general. Instead, MRC and Netflix have both made statements that they will never work with Spacey again. Spacey also made oddly coercive statements in his video such as, "Besides, I know what you want. You want me back." and "If I didn't pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I'm certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn't do." The statement made multiple times of "wanting him back" is reminiscent of how his sustained popularity as an actor plummeted with each allegation. It decreases so much so that he has essentially been shunned from Hollywood.

Although Spacey, reported via Vox, does not own rights to the character of Frank Underwood, the references and speaking manner was clear to anyone who has watched "House of Cards". If Spacey posted this on his own channel as a means for defending himself against now thirty assault allegations, why would he choose the character of a murderous, manipulative politician to post it? There are many bizarre aspects to his video that are very unsettling and unclear.

The arraignment will commence January 7th, 2019. Hopefully, the accuser will be heard and the truth will prevail.