The Importance Of Speaking Your Truth Even When Others Disagree

It is important to stick with our truth regardless of what others think about it.

122
YouTube

This past week, one of my Instagram posts went viral. It has been an incredible opportunity for my message of body positivity to be spread, and I have received a great amount of positive feedback, however, inevitably, I’ve received some negative feedback as well.

At first, I allowed myself to scroll through the negative comment threads, and I was letting the ignorant voices get into my head. However, I soon realized that the voices of these commenters are just that – ignorant.

It’s very easy to let other people control how we live our lives. However, it’s extremely important to stay committed to speaking our truth and not letting hate get in the way of pursuing our dreams. We will never be able to please everyone in life, and just because someone says something, that doesn’t mean it’s a fact.

If your truth is rooted deeply in your morals, your passions, and your values, then it is something you should defend and stand by. It’s so crucial to speak and live our truth even when people disagree with it because otherwise it’s very easy to lose a sense of who we really are. If we choose to let the voices of others sway us easily, then we aren’t really living as our true selves, and, therefore, aren’t living a fulfilling life.

Tabatha Coffey said,

“We have to stand up for what we believe in, even when we might not be popular for it. Honesty starts with being ourselves, authentic and true to who we are and what we believe in, and that may not always be popular, but it will always let you follow your dreams and your heart.”

This quote really resonates with me because it is incredibly important to listen to what our own truth is, even if it’s not what the rest of the crowd is doing. Sometimes we will get praise for our truth and sometimes we will get criticism for our truth, and it is important to stick with it regardless of what others think about it.

At the end of the day, we know ourselves and what brings us light and fulfillment more than anyone else, so we need to remain strong in our truth even when others disagree.