Now Is The Time To Speak Your Goals Into Existence

Be proactive and spark the change you want to see in your life.

41
Annie Spratt

As Ghandi once said, "Be the change you want to see in the world."

It sounds cheesy, right?

But for some reason, it has always been embedded into my mind. I don't know where I picked it up from, and I didn't always practice what he preached, either, but I have started to realize a few things three months into the year.

I have goals.

We all do, whether they are strived for everyday or sitting in the back of our mind. As a young girl, I devoted countless hours towards learning how to ride a bike, and so I did. My junior year of high school, I decided I would apply myself and study more to get a higher ACT score, and so I did. I wanted to attend college and earn enough financial aid to pay for my studies. That goal was realized when I received my diploma in hand, ready to embrace my inner Sun Devil.

But, sometimes, things might not work out.

You'll set a goal for yourself and try as you might (or not), there are times when it just doesn't happen, and that's okay. The biggest piece of advice I could offer is quite a simple one:

Speak things into existence.

It's the first step. When you set your mind on something and voice it out loud, you are putting that energy and hope into the world. There is a sense of accountability in that you are validating your thoughts and committing yourself. You're announcing to the world, "Hey! I want this, and I'm gonna make it happen." There's something pretty great about that, in my opinion.

And no, you don't have to climb to the peak of the highest mountain and scream it from your lungs... Simply whispering it to yourself will do. Say it as your going down an empty elevator. Mutter it under your breath as you are getting ready in the morning. Sing it in the shower, for all I care.

Reaching any goal requires action.

You get what you put in, and that all depends on how much you really want it for yourself. If it doesn't happen, was it really meant to be or were you just obsessed with the idea of the goal rather than actualizing it? There's a lot of things to take into account that everyone can encounter during their experience.

Maybe this article gave you a new perspective. If anything, I hope it made you think and reflect.