The 10 Moments from Spaceballs that will always be Hilarious

10 'Spaceballs' Quotes That'll Always Force A Laugh

MILD SPOILERS!

2699

There are some comedies that are just so quotable and unique, just the mention of one line can bring a nation to laughter. One of those movies is Mel Brook's classic Spaceballs. The absurd parody of Star Wars, while poorly received upon release, has aged like fine wine, with much of the humor only becoming more topical as more films in a galaxy far, far away are released.

So, in honor of the film, I have compiled the 10 most hilarious moments from the film, quotes that will never fail to deliver a laugh.

1. "I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate."

"What does that make us?"

"Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become."

2. "What the hell am I looking at? When does this happen in the movie?" 

3. "So the combination is... one, two, three, four, five? That's the stupidest combination I've ever heard in my life! That's the kind of thing an idiot would have on his luggage!" 

4. "Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money from the movie is made." 

With Disney's insane amount of product placements for this film, this scene becomes too real.

5. "You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!" 

6. "No, no, no, stupid, you've got it much too high. It's down here where the shoulder meets the neck."

"Like this?"

"Yeah!"

7. "Raspberry. There's only one man who would dare give me the raspberry: Lone Starr!" 

8. "No you fool, we're following orders. We were told to commb the desert so we're combing it." 

9. "Sandurz, Sandurz. You got to help me. I don't know what to do. I can't make decisions. I'm a president!" 

10. "Prepare ship for ludicrous speed!"

"Fasten all seatbelts, seal all entrances and exits, close all the shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, secure all animals in the zoo!"