50 Lyrics From "SOUR" To Bring Your Instagram Captions To The Next Level

This lyrical genius has entered the chat to help heighten our angst!

33

I wanted to group these by post occasion but let's be honest, if you're using Olivia Rodrigo lyrics for an Instagram post, you're trying to accomplish one of three things: 1) maximum angst, 2) letting your followers in on all of your emotional damage, or 3) trying to get in an ex's head. There are a few that you could probably sway for other uses, but for the most part, this girl just hurts too much.

Anyway, if you just so happen to be as obsessed with this album as I am, here are FIFTY lyrical excepts to help your angsty posts!

"brutal":

1. "I want it to be, like, messy"

2. "Who am I, if not exploited?"

3. "Where's my f****** teenage dream?"

4. "Unrelentlessly upset"

5. "They say these are the golden years / But I wish I could disappear"

6. "Ego crush is so severe"

7. "God, it's brutal out here"

"traitor":

8. "I kept quiet so I could keep you"

9. "You betrayed me"

10. "Loved you at your worst"

11. "God, I wish that you had thought this through / Before I went and fell in love with you"

12. "You gave me your word / But that didn't matter"

"driver's license":

13. "'Cause how could I ever love someone else?"

14. "I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone"

"1 step forward, 3 steps back":

15. "I'm the love of your life until I make you mad"

16. "And maybe in some masochistic way / I kind of find it all exciting"

"deja vu":

17. "So when you gonna tell her that we did that, too?"

18. "Do you get déjà vu when she's with you?"

"good 4 u":

19. "Remember when you said that you wanted to give me the world?"

20. "Good for you, you're doin' great out there without me / Baby, God, I wish that I could do that"

21. "You will never have to hurt the way you know that I do"

22. "Maybe I'm too emotional / But your apathy's like a wound in salt"

23. "Or maybe you never cared at all"

24. "Like a damn sociopath" (Optimal angst and everyone's favorite lyric to shout.)

"enough for you":

25. "Stupid, emotional, obsessive little me" (Miss Rodrigo, herself, demonstrated this for us in a recent Instagram post.)

26. "All I ever wanted was to be enough for you"

27. "But God, you couldn't have cared less / About someone who loved you more"

28. "Now I don't want your sympathy / I just want myself back"

29. "But don't tell me you're sorry, boy / Feel sorry for yourself"

30. "Someday I'll be everything to somebody else"

"happier":

31. "I thought my heart was detached / From all the sunlight of our past"

32. "Does she mean you forgot about me?"

33. "I hope you're happy, but don't be happier"

34. "An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean"

35. "Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart"

"jealousy, jealousy":

36. "I think I think too much"

37. "I'm so sick of myself"

38. "I wanna be you so bad, and I don't even know you"

"favorite crime":

39. "I was your willing accomplice, honey"

40. "Doe-eyed as you buried me"

41. "I hope I was your favorite crime"

42. "I crossed my heart as you crossed the line"

43. "It's bittersweet to think about the damage that we do"

44. "But I say that I hate you with a smile on my face"

"hope ur ok":

45. "If you're out there, I hope that you're okay"

46. "Address the letters, to the holes in my butterfly wings"

47. "Nothing's forever, nothing is as good as it seems"

48. "I hope you know how proud I am you were created / With the courage to unlearn all of their hatred"

49. "God, I hope that you're happier today"

50. "I love you, and I hope that you're okay"