If 'Stranger Things' Characters Got Into Hogwarts Houses

Assigning the "Stranger" kids Hogwarts houses!

3472
Netlfix

I admit, I was a bit late to the "Stranger Things" craze that took over in the past two years. However, given my affinity for the 1980's, mysteries, and a good script, I knew that I had to check it out.

So after watching both seasons over the course of three short days, I knew what I had to do. Sort the characters into Hogwarts houses of course!

Will Byers is a Hufflepuff.

In the very first episode of the series, amidst a game of Dungeons and Dragons, after the deciding die is dropped, Dustin and Lucas insist that the roll doesn't count because Mike, their Dungeon Master, did not see it. But, as they say their goodbyes for the night, Will tells Mike what the roll was and seals his fate by proclaiming, "The Demagorgon. It got me." This honesty and loyalty, almost to a fault, are what make Will an excellent addition to Hufflepuff's house. Not only this, but badgers are also known for burrowing tunnels underground and we all know what place Will spends the majority of the first season in...

Lucas Sinclair is a Ravenclaw.

Lucas is always on the side of logic and reason, from questioning the existence of Eleven's powers to remaining focused on the task at hand, whether that be saving Will or determining the true identity of "Mad Max". He also has an expansive vocabulary for a middle schooler, constantly helping Dustin with bigger words in season 2. This dedication to rationality and research make Lucas an ideal Ravenclaw.

Dustin Henderson is a Hufflepuff.

Dustin's commitment to keep the party together in season 1 even amidst the members' disagreements is commendable and solidifies Dustin as a main peace keeper in the group. In season 2 Dustin's natural empathy also shines through as he even cares for the sinister pollywog-like creature, "Dart". His ability to see past the surface and ensure that everyone is taken care of are what place Dustin in Hufflepuff.

Mike Wheeler is a Slytherin.

Not one to easily get close to others "outside of the party", Mike is a strong-willed teen that gets incredibly protective when one of the other members is threatened. Mike is the first to stand up to the schoolyard bullies and would literally turn the world upside down to save one of his friends. His persistence and resilience in the face of adversity whether it come from his family, monsters, or a government lab, Mike's loyalty is not easily won. But when it is, he will stop at nothing to help his friends, even if that means initiating a potentially dangerous plan or obsessively calling out to someone for 353 days straight, which places him nicely in Slytherin.

Eleven is a Gryffindor.

The group's missing link, Eleven solves problems her own way, even if her methods are a bit unorthodox. It's no secret that Eleven has been through more trials of courage than the average preteen, but once she unlocks her full potential there is absolutely no stopping her, even if that means putting her own life at risk for the sake of the group. Her courageousness and chivalry would make Eleven an excellent addition to Gryffindor.