Sorry Headphones, I'll Listen to Something Different Next Week.

5 songs that I'm not turning off anytime soon.

40
TimeOut.com

If you know me, you know my life is narrated by music. If I'm not playing it, I'm listening to it. If I'm not listening to it, I'm humming whatever song is in my head. The point is, I'm always surrounded by music. The problem is, whenever I hear a new song I like, I listen to it over and over and over again. I mean, obsessively. Here's what I've been listening to this week.

1. "Look What You Made Me Do" by Taylor Swift

Honestly, unless you've been living under a rock this past week, you've probably heard this song. It's a new sound for Taylor, but isn't that kind of what the whole song is about? I'm loving this new and fully confident Taylor, and I'm excited to hear the whole album and find out who Taylor truly is on November 10.

2. "Puedo Sentirte" by Alejandro Ramirez

Well, this is completely different from the last song. This piece is a piano composition and I stumbled upon while listening to a random study playlist online. While I enjoy classical music, I've never really considered any piano pieces my favorite songs. This one, however, has so much emotion and definitely tells a story. Whether this is a genre you typically listen to or not, I highly recommend this piece.

3. "Nancy Mulligan" by Ed Sheeran

I know, I know, I'm about nine months late to this song. Even though I loved Ed's earlier stuff, I never really got around to listening to his most recent album when it was released in March. A friend played me this song the other day, and it's been on repeat since then. I love the string instrumental and the folk song vibes. It's definitely a great addition for a road trip playlist.

4. "Letters" from Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812

Again, a huge change of pace, but this article wouldn't be written by me if it didn't include at least one show tune! This show closes in just a couple of days and I'm completely heartbroken. Nonetheless, this song is a total jam and I'll listen to it long after this beautiful show comes to an end.

5. "Home Alone" by Ansel Elgort

This song is a bit older, and I wholeheartedly recommend Ansel's newer music, but this one is my favorite by him and has been a regular on my playlist for a while now. I love the electronic sound mixed with his soulful voice. It has that typical "summer song" vibe, but I'll be listen to it well into the winter.