Sorority Wine Tours: The Do’s and The Don’ts

Check out these tips to make the most of wine tour season!

286

Gorgeous curls, pop-of-color shoes, the perfect date; these things can only mean one thing – wine tour season! 

With school back in session and classes in full swing, nothing beats going on a wine tour with your sisters to have a little fun. With that, making sure you can monopolize on both field-frolicking and wine, is key. Below, are some dos and don’ts to help make your wine tour experience the best it can be! 

DO dress to impress. While you may not have a date to impress, dressing up is half the fun! I mean, this is the time to not only feel classy (ya know, by drinking wine) but to also look classy. So fully commit and do it all – curls, lashes, dresses, and accessories!  

DON’T wear heels. Let’s just think about this in a calm, rational manner. I know you love heels and I fully understand that you just have to wear your new hot pink stilettos – but let me put this in to perspective for you. There will be walking. Lots and lots of walking. There will also be mud-infused grass, and field frolicking. Trust me, the last thing you want to do is wear heels to a wine tour. Seriously, fight the urge and leave them at home!   

DO bring a friend. If your wine tour permits you to bring someone, bring your closest and sexiest…gal pal!! I mean, what could be better than you and your best friendchugging elegantly sipping on wine together? Whatever you do, definitely…   

DON’T bring a date. While certain wine tours may be designed to bring a special someone, don’t bring a date when it is just a girl’s day out! You want to make the most of the time you have with your sisters and let’s be honest, wine tours are not always the classiest affair to showcase your future-wife potential…   

DO take pictures. It is inevitable, so just embrace it. Following the day of your wine tour, you will have tons (and I mean, tons) of photos to upload. Feel free to go crazy and document each and every sip of wine you try! With that, make sure that every photo you take showcases your best self (and by that, I mean you should fully perfect your bottle holding skills prior to going on wine tour)!  

DON’T be obnoxious. While wine tours are meant to be a way to bond with your sisters (and wine), make sure that you are keeping it classy. This is not your typical college frat party where anything goes, but rather an event with more of a relaxed vibe. That said, don’t feel like you can’t frolic in the fields just a little bit…I mean, that is one of the best parts!   

DO bring snacks. I mean that’s just a given. Wine and cheese. Obviously. 

DON'T question the wine. All in all just have fun and enjoy your wine tour! Think "all wine, created equal" as you take small, classy sips.

*The photo above is from my own sorority's wine tour with a celeb appearance from Gaby Keane. If you would like to contact her for future philanthropy events/showings you may contact her at pancakeslover@cornell.edu.